Melbourne Storm

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Melbourne Storm

Post by lozza89 »

Anyone going to follow them in the finals series? They finished on top by i think about 4 games clear. They are playing a great game at the moment. Their first final is next sunday at Olympic Park, starts at 4.00.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

I havent been watching many games, but i certainly have been following them. Its good to see the Storm doing so well. Hopefully they can win the premiership. That young bloke they have, Inglis i think it is, he is f****** quick, looks to be a dead set gun.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

have you seen the broncos lately lozza? watch out storm is all i can say

im gana take a punt and say Broncos V Bulldogs GF
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Yes Broncos!!
Bombers till' I die
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Broncos...Pfft
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

The AFL are an absolute joke by putting Collingwood and the Bulldogs on the same day as the Storm final. They AFL have known for 3 weeks that the Storm would be playing their first final on a Sunday after noon, the same week as the AFL's week 1 finals!
They have deliberately put the Collingwood game on the Sunday, rather than the Swans/Eagles so Melbourians will not attend the Storm match. The AFL are just a bunch of f***heads who could not care less about this city.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

lozza89 wrote:The AFL are an absolute joke by putting Collingwood and the Bulldogs on the same day as the Storm final. They AFL have known for 3 weeks that the Storm would be playing their first final on a Sunday after noon, the same week as the AFL's week 1 finals!
They have deliberately put the Collingwood game on the Sunday, rather than the Swans/Eagles so Melbourians will not attend the Storm match. The AFL are just a bunch of f***heads who could not care less about this city.
Unfortunately that's just the way it is, Lozza. The AFL sees NRL as a threat and direct competition, and therefore it pursues scheduling such as this that is aimed to maximise the damage it can do to the NRL.

The AFL would prefer to have 50,000 and have the NRL only get 20,000 in competition with each other on the Sunday in comparison to having the AFL get 65,000 on Saturday and the NRL getting 30,000 on the Sunday.

In the end though, it probably won't make a shred of difference to either the AFL or NRL attendances - Olympic Park only holds about 19,000 and it'll be a sell-out anyway. Only the AFL stands to lose on attendance, because the MCG won't be filled to capacity for any game involving the Bulldogs.

The people who stand to lose most are the television audience who would've liked to watch both matches.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Will Channel 9 Melbourne grow some stones and show it live this Sunday at 4pm?

Anyway you lot should get out there and check out the games most entertaining team for about 10 years. They're sensational to watch.
Bombers till' I die
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Well, i know i'll be there. And i agree TMFBL, they are a very exciting team.
I really think they should play the Storm vs Eels game at the Dome. They will get at least 5,000-10,000+ more people than what they would at Olympic Park, it's the on other side of the city, so no problems about parking, and they will get all the AFL supporters that could not give a f*** about Collingwood at the game. It would be a great way to promote Rubgy once again in this town. Melbourne showed what they could do with the State of Origin, why not take a chance with it's home team in the finals!
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Well, Cameron Smith won the best player in the competition last night, while Craig Balamey won best coach with Copper Cronk beating Andrew Johns to win best hooker.
Great season so far by the boys. but to really top it off, a grand final win :D
stilla
Top Up Player

Post by stilla »

Yes well done Cameron Smith and ill be there as well, from what i heard it is on live Sunday
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Also consider the AFL's love affair for Collingwood by giving them a full 7 day break and playing on the Sunday.

Melbourne on the other hand have only a 5 day break until the friday night.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Game Live On Channel 9 at 4:00pm.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

TRY!!!!!!!!! MELBOURNE!!!!!!!!! STEVE TURNER!!! Conversion from Smith
6-0 :lol:
Bombers4Premiers
Regular Senior Player

Post by Bombers4Premiers »

Well done Melbourne. A 12 - 6 win in the end. Here's hoping you can go all the way. 8)
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Good game by the Storm. The Eels looked like they were always going to get that last try, but their defence held up and they held on.
Hopefully they can bring the Premiership back to Melbourne!!
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

How good was that Billy Slater tackle to save that Eels try with about 3 minutes to go. Talk about last line of defence! That try (if they converted) would have brought them level. I thought Melbourne should have gone for the drop goal instead of pushing for the try when they had the ball within about 30 but couldn't break the line. That would have given them a buffer had Parramatta scored another try. In the end they didn't need it... but only thanks to a spot of brilliance by Billy Slater.

Bloody hell Matt King played a shocker. Just about cost Melbourne the game.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Jazz_84 wrote:have you seen the broncos lately lozza? watch out storm is all i can say

im gana take a punt and say Broncos V Bulldogs GF
Good call! :oops:

Still can not believe that Melbourne have to play away in week 3 even though they finished 1st and won their first game.

Yet the premiers of NSW and QLD whinged to teh AFL to change their rules regarding home finals. WEAK AS PISS!!!!!!!!!!!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!