Xabi Alonso

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Xabi Alonso

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Holy shit.

Check out the goal from his own half to bury Necastle.
Bombers till' I die
chickster
On the Rookie List

Post by chickster »

Awesome goal, but made to look better than it was by the hack effort from the keeper.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

Xabi second in a year from inside his own half. He got one against Luton in the FA cup.

he saw that the Newcastle keeper was well off his line and it might have even gone in anyways...

good to see us finally get a decent win and welcome to the scoresheet Dirk Kuyt :lol: . If we can beat the Yids on saturday we'll be well on our way back up to the top end of the table...
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Brill goal. Better than Beckham's that they used to rave about yrs ago.

http://video2.foxsports.com.au/video.php?cat=409&id=244
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

It's a good goal, but honestly, it's some of the worst goalkeeping I've ever seen. No way is it better than Beckham's.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Mute
Top Up Player

Post by Mute »

Amazing goal!
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

:shock:

That is awesome.

I'm with Ossie, that is shit goalkeeping. What a retard.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Of course it's better. It was further back. Beckham even paused before launching his. Any goal from that far back is crap goalkeeping. Comes more under the spectacular heading rather than skillful.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Royza wrote:Of course it's better. It was further back. Beckham even paused before launching his. Any goal from that far back is crap goalkeeping. Comes more under the spectacular heading rather than skillful.
I don't agree. Neil Sullivan was the Wimbledon goalkeeper that day and backtracked all the way back, kept his feet and it still went over his head just under the crossbar. Alonso's went in the bottom corner.

I'm a Spurs fan, so it doesn't really mean a thing to me, but there's no way Alonso's shot was going in if Harper stayed on his feet.
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

chickster wrote:Awesome goal, but made to look better than it was by the hack effort from the keeper.
Agree :lol:
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

I don't agree. Neil Sullivan was the Wimbledon goalkeeper that day and backtracked all the way back, kept his feet and it still went over his head just under the crossbar. Alonso's went in the bottom corner.

I'm a Spurs fan, so it doesn't really mean a thing to me, but there's no way Alonso's shot was going in if Harper stayed on his feet.
Being a Spurs fan u should know how good Sullivan is against Man U. Letting 5 goals in after leading 3-0 at H/T back in 2001 says it all. May as well have taken the shots himself :lol:
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Great goal, well spotted by Alonso, unlucky that goal keeper slipped, but still shouldnt have put himself in that situation.