Delist/Retire.

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Delist/Retire.

Post by Sartorius »

Ok, so this year we will probably wont 5 places in the draft, and 1 in the preseason.

That gives us 6 player positions that need to be vacated. So who are they?

For mine:
Rioli (retired)
Rama (retire)
Reynolds
Cartledge
Hennemen
Bolton
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Cant argue with that Gossy.
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

I would keep bolton. The very existence of this board and dozens like it depend on him remaining a bomber.
Who do you trust to keep interest rates low?
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

I reckon Bolts will be used in a trade. He is not completely useless, and hes done a couple of good things. Hes inconsistent but if i were at say Cartlon or something, then i would prefer Bolts over Bannister or some other player.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

But would you prefer Bolts over a later draft pick, which they will get if they delist someone like bannister :P
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

Add Heffernan and probably Cole to that list

Have never rated Heffernan and his calibre as a footballer is under serious question.
Cole - you could toss a coin for. True, he's been injured a lot and has made a reasonable contribution over the last 3 weeks but some of the play he participated in last night wasn't very pleasing at all.

Having said that, you could put half the team on that list!
jorayme
Top Up Player

Post by jorayme »

I agree with Gossy but would also add Welsh to that list if we needed more spots. I know the guy tries hard and is not the worst on our list by far but I think he makes too many mistakes with short kicks and going across ground . We need someone who has the pace and can kick long to clear the ball from the back half. IMO.
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

Rioli
Rama
Reynolds
Heffernan
Bolton
Solomon
R.I.P. Seattle SuperSonics 1967/68 - 2007/08
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Rioli
(Ramanauskas)
Reynolds
Henneman
Bolton
Cole
Heffernan

Lucky: Solomon
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

How can anyone seriously be calling for Cole's head. For a start, the guy has been injured, under done all year. Wouldnt he be at least a better prospect for 1 year than a player who we have seen at the ir full potential and has failed?
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Re: Delist/Retire.

Post by ZRS »

Rioli (retired)
Rama (retired)
Reynolds (delisted)
Hennemen (delisted)
Bolton (delisted)
Solomon (traded)
or Welsh (traded)
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Windy_Hill wrote:How can anyone seriously be calling for Cole's head. For a start, the guy has been injured, under done all year. Wouldnt he be at least a better prospect for 1 year than a player who we have seen at the ir full potential and has failed?
Totally agree Windy

I see Rioli and Rama retired and would delist:
Henneman
Reynolds
&
Bolton

Keep the rest unless a great trade deal hits the table...there's been enough turnover the last few years and we don't need to slash and burn again this year.

We need to develop the existing list .
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

swoodley wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:How can anyone seriously be calling for Cole's head. For a start, the guy has been injured, under done all year. Wouldnt he be at least a better prospect for 1 year than a player who we have seen at the ir full potential and has failed?
Totally agree Windy

I see Rioli and Rama retired and would delist:
Henneman
Reynolds
&
Bolton

Keep the rest unless a great trade deal hits the table...there's been enough turnover the last few years and we don't need to slash and burn again this year.

We need to develop the existing list .
Having only 5 leave, means that if we want to be in the pre season draft, we finish in the National draft after our 3rd round (which will be 34), which is a little too early for this super deep draft imo. Unless ofcourse we trade two players for one etc.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Solomon and Welsh will not be going anywhere. Dont know why anyone thinks they are.

Cole will not be given the flick after 1 year. He did some good things in the last quarter on Friday. Better than NLM(Everyone knows my stance on him im not going to ram it down peoples throats).

Plus as Malky said based on the year, You could place half the team on that list.
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

cant get rid of heff... he is one of those handy blokes ya need. His one percenters are terrific, great tackler and he did some good hard things on friday night. IMO he will stay
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

I think Heffernan will be kept only because we've shafted him once and it really hurt the footy club in terms of personal and character around the footy club.

He is a really respected guy around the club.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Heff has been ok. I think it is worthwhile keeping him. Probably a few other who could go before him. Always handy to have a bit of depth in the middle. He could be handy even off the bench.
janus0111
Top Up Player

Post by janus0111 »

rioli * retired
rama * retired
henno cut down by injuries but he has had his chances
reynolds never seems settled at the senior level
bolton=trade i cant fault the guys endevour but just lacks some class
welsh=trade we seem to have an abundance of small backmen and he is still young enough to have some value
soloman= trade might be time for a change of scenery
the only others i see who might attract some strong interest
lovett-murray
mcphee
jason johnson
r dyson
It would have to be a sensational deal to even consider one of these four
though.
i think pev and cartlege might have been saved in the last month time will tell
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Bit harsh calling for Cartledge to be delisted. Thought he went alright the other night.

Rioli (ret)
Rama (ret)
Henneman
Reynolds
Heffernan
Bolton

Solomon (trade - he must be the stupidest footballer going around - how many times does this guy a) give away down-the-ground free kicks for coming in late and b) tackle high. It's not f****** rocket science. TACKLE LOW FOR f***'S SAKE!)
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Personally, I would trade one of bolts or henno, but not get rid of both. Both are utility players that have been used to fill gaps when others are injured (and with our luck, that is nearly every week...) Henno has been injured all year and IMHO Bolts has been much better this year and deserves to stay...

For mine I would have:

Rioli (retired)
Rama (Special Consideration...)
Reynolds (delist)
Heffernan (delist - back to Bendigo son)
One of Bolts or Heff, but probably Heff (trade bait or delist)
Solly (trade bait/sweetener)

That gives us 6 spots to fill...if they also decide to delist one of the rookies that have been around for a couple of years now, that would give us additional space again...
Your email suggests if your IQ is half mine you must have copied from someone else.
Bruce Francis response to Daniel Harford 13 Jan 2015