GC the new love child

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

GC the new love child

Post by s'dreams »

Well well well

Not content with just one year of bonus picks, the AFL give them THREE f****** years

They also give the Gold Coast exclusive rights to Darwin for their "academy"

If their chair was less of an arsehole I might be a little less furious.

If they hadn't put all their money and hope into overpaid marque players who helped destroy the culture of the club, one of who was a convicted (defacto) wife beater who couldn't play because of PED drug issues (that the AFL covered up while both the Essendon supplements issue was boiling AND the AFL's chief medico told an international conference that this player was mothballed by the AFL as he would have been banned by ASADA).

Why reward poor governance, bad development and poor attendances?

And not being satisfied with distorting the draft for the next 3 years, it would be likely that Tasmania will be coming into the league somewhere around 2022-23 which would result in, yes you got it, yet anouter series of compromised drafts for the next 3-4 years.

If I were involved with St Kilda or Melbourne, I'd be starting to mount an argument that it is essential that these clubs get a cup within the next decade (after more than 50 years being being bereft) to retain and even grow their membership (look at Richmond, 45K members 5 years ago, now topping 100K).

It all gives me the f****** shits
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: GC the new love child

Post by BenDoolan »

Well said =D>

But as we all know, it’s a c*** of a competition with a c*** of an administration
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Great post s’dreams.

AWFULL would get a lot of ideas from the NFL.Wouldn’t surprise me if this is a carbon copy on what the NFL did with struggling franchises in their infancy such as Seattle Seahawks,when they lost their 1st 26 or so games.I don’t know exactly,but I can’t imagine the NFL stoodby to let it keep on happening.

The difference being,Seattle was just as much a Football City like anywhere else in the USA,whereas Gold Coast is not.In fact,it’s a National Sports Teams Disaster Area!But AWFULL will have us believe otherwise,believing themselves it’s worth pouring bad money after good into the Suns,time after time,just like GWS!

Apparently GWS have a membership base of 20 000 and building.If that was the case,where were they all year and for the past few years,when GWS did have onfield success?!The AFL can manufacture things all they want,but if the growth areas they think exist,still don’t care about Aussie Rules,at what point do they finally admit defeat and cut their losses?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Probably never! :roll: