Trade Targets 2016

desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Re: Trade Targets 2016

Post by desmondo »

little_ripper wrote:interest in Brad Crouch from the papers.

.....like.....
As long as his foot skills are good (on both sides of his body preferably), he seems to find the ball fairly regularly.

But the Bombers should go into this trade and draft period with the main prerequisite being foot (and if at all possible) hand skill. And if they could do it both sides it would be even nicer.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

desmondo wrote:

.....like.....
As long as his foot skills are good (on both sides of his body preferably), he seems to find the ball fairly regularly.

But the Bombers should go into this trade and draft period with the main prerequisite being foot (and if at all possible) hand skill. And if they could do it both sides it would be even nicer.
Signed...might be another example of using a club for more dough.

another one today: Ballantyne

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/fremantle ... qs336.html
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

little_ripper wrote:
desmondo wrote:

.....like.....

GET HIM!
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Sismis wrote:
little_ripper wrote:
desmondo wrote:

.....like.....

GET HIM!
You are f****** kidding me aren't you?
1. will be 30 next year
2. has had an average year at best and this in a team that has gone shit...
3. we are getting most of the suspended players back (if not all)
4. he will take the spot on the list and/or games from a kid that needs game time...

He should not be even considered...
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

Crazyman wrote:
Sismis wrote:
little_ripper wrote:
desmondo wrote:

.....like.....

GET HIM!
You are f****** kidding me aren't you?
1. will be 30 next year
2. has had an average year at best and this in a team that has gone shit...
3. we are getting most of the suspended players back (if not all)
4. he will take the spot on the list and/or games from a kid that needs game time...

He should not be even considered...

Plus what crazy said he`s probably played 20 'good' games in his career. NOT comsistent enough.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Kids need game time? Are you serious? We are RESTING kids because they've had too much.

He is an extremely talented and effective forward and I don't think it is going to cost us anything to get him.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Sismis wrote:Kids need game time? Are you serious? We are RESTING kids because they've had too much.

He is an extremely talented and effective forward and I don't think it is going to cost us anything to get him.
Bullshit...
This year is an aberration...do you really think the kids this year would have played nearly as much if we had our top team available???
As for talented and effective, give me Fantasia over Balla any day...
Also, given he will be 30 next year and wants a 3 year contract??? He is not a Luke Hodge, Joel Selwood or Gary Ablett so no thanks...

Finally, my handle in here might Crazyman, but you are fast taking that mantle Sis...
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Crazyman wrote:
Sismis wrote:Kids need game time? Are you serious? We are RESTING kids because they've had too much.

Bullshit...
This year is an aberration...do you really think the kids this year would have played nearly as much if we had our top team available???
Also, given he will be 30 next year and wants a 3 year contract??? He is not a Luke Hodge, Joel Selwood or Gary Ablett so no thanks...

Finally, my handle in here might Crazyman, but you are fast taking that mantle Sis...
No they would not have had a game, but since that DID actually happen, we've had a whole year pumping games into kids. Next year I would have thought we'd be having a tilt at finals.

NB we are not picking between Fantasia and Ballantyne. We can have both.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Sismis wrote:
Crazyman wrote:

Bullshit...

No they would not have had a game, but since that DID actually happen, we've had a whole year pumping games into kids. Next year I would have thought we'd be having a tilt at finals.

NB we are not picking between Fantasia and Ballantyne. We can have both.
Not a question of picking between them, I don't want Ballantyne for the reasons I have mentioned and I don't think we should get him at all...
I will concede, I would take him if he comes with a fit Nat Fyfe and Chris Mayne...otherwise he is going to be overpriced for what he brings to the table and his age...
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Yeah, I'd pass on Ballantyne. Too old, not good enough.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
patoman
On the Rookie List

Post by patoman »

Fyfe has been mentioned as possibly up for trade? Would we give pick 1 for him? Would they take it? Are we concerned about his injuries?
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

patoman wrote:Fyfe has been mentioned as possibly up for trade? Would we give pick 1 for him? Would they take it? Are we concerned about his injuries?
IMO, 10 to 20 due to injuries...I would offer future 1st round pick but not this years...
P.S. I would give up Pick 1 and future 2nd round for both O'Meara and Prestia - also because of their injury history...
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Of course you would. Fyfe is a once in generation player. He is Hird like.

I don't however think we could match his asking price.

Without a COLA I think you need to breed champions of that calibre not bring them in.

Worth multiple first round picks. Inc number 1 this year. He won't leave Freo though.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I think our spine is fine.

Hartley
Hurley
Heppell
Daniher (f**** up the sequence of H's)
Hooker

My number one target is a classy midfielder, preferably an outside midfielder with speed and a decent kick. Think we've got enough ball winners, just need a jet.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Gimps wrote:I think our spine is fine.
Hartley
Hurley
Heppell
Hooker
My number one target is a classy midfielder, preferably an outside midfielder with speed and a decent kick. Think we've got enough ball winners, just need a jet.
McGluggage an excellent long term option but small & skinny.
Prestia/O'Meara type? Injury ridden classy midfielders...can they repair? Imagine an injury free O'Meara in the team.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Prestia nominates Richmond.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

patoman wrote:Fyfe has been mentioned as possibly up for trade? Would we give pick 1 for him? Would they take it? Are we concerned about his injuries?

I`d give up No1 pick in a heartbeat for Fyfe, the guy when fit, is a gun footballer (been unlucky with injuries). Better than some skinny kid who may or may not make it in a couple of years.

Imagine adding a fit Fyfe (AND if at all possible) O`meara to our already talented mid-field. vingertje vingertje
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

F111 wrote:Prestia nominates Richmond.
If he wasn't injured I'd hold him out for at least a month with severe concussion.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

desmondo wrote:

I`d give up No1 pick in a heartbeat for Fyfe, the guy when fit, is a gun footballer (been unlucky with injuries). Better than some skinny kid who may or may not make it in a couple of years.

Imagine adding a fit Fyfe (AND if at all possible) O`meara to our already talented mid-field. vingertje vingertje
We can hand out cash-filled brown paper bags anymore. We'd be lucky to fit one of them into the salary cap.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Gimps wrote:I think our spine is fine.

Hartley
Hurley
Heppell
Hooker

Jesse Hogan when he wants out of the dees? And am I the only one who still wants Hooker in our backline?