Off-season targets 2015

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Re: Off-season targets 2015

Post by j-mac31 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
little_ripper wrote:
Gyoza wrote:
little_ripper wrote:no mention of gws unsigned guns which is suprising....

treloar/coniglio/shiel.

treloar would be the one...worth throwing the sink at.
Like how Dylan Shiel moves too. those two are both vics.
I'd suggest there's no mention because there is no realistic chance.
Why would they give up what they're about to be involved in to come to EFC? The financial squeeze there won't start for a few more years yet either.
If we are talking about a reasonable play at Dangerfield, I can't see why we wouldn't have a good go at Shiel or Treloar.

What do you think the pies are offering up to get a hold of Adam Treloar?(other than a bucketload of money).

If Dylan Shiel wants a one way ticket back to Victoria, he shouldn't be going any further than Tullamarine when he touches down.
We don't really have anything that Adelaide or GWS want though... no draft picks or decent trade bait. Clubs won't be interested in TB, Pears, Dempsey, Stanton etc...
If one of GWS's gun mids wanted to come to us I'd consider trading Carlisle.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

j-mac31 wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:
little_ripper wrote:
Gyoza wrote:
little_ripper wrote:no mention of gws unsigned guns which is suprising....

treloar/coniglio/shiel.

treloar would be the one...worth throwing the sink at.
Like how Dylan Shiel moves too. those two are both vics.
I'd suggest there's no mention because there is no realistic chance.
Why would they give up what they're about to be involved in to come to EFC? The financial squeeze there won't start for a few more years yet either.
If we are talking about a reasonable play at Dangerfield, I can't see why we wouldn't have a good go at Shiel or Treloar.

What do you think the pies are offering up to get a hold of Adam Treloar?(other than a bucketload of money).

If Dylan Shiel wants a one way ticket back to Victoria, he shouldn't be going any further than Tullamarine when he touches down.
We don't really have anything that Adelaide or GWS want though... no draft picks or decent trade bait. Clubs won't be interested in TB, Pears, Dempsey, Stanton etc...
If one of GWS's gun mids wanted to come to us I'd consider trading Carlisle.
well negotiations with Carlisle have been put off i've read so highly likely
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Interesting. Brisbane probably need talls as well, so we could look at Aish for him.

It's not that I want to get rid of Carlisle, but so far at least he doesn't look like a particularly good forward and we need some better and younger midfielders.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

j-mac31 wrote:Interesting. Brisbane probably need talls as well, so we could look at Aish for him.

It's not that I want to get rid of Carlisle, but so far at least he doesn't look like a particularly good forward and we need some better and younger midfielders.
Yep if the Lions are interested in Buckets I think we will start talking about Aish or some top picks the Lions will probably get for being so crap this year!

Carlton will also be very interested id say.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

With our record, we will get a 4th round pick for him.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I reckon GWS would take Carlisle, as a key position backman.

Send him up there and throw the kitchen sink at Treloar.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

I know Carlisle has value, but I would prefer to hang on to him, he can play both ends (just needs to sort out his kicking...) and can pinch in the ruck (though the way Belly is going right now, Carlisle is probably a better ruck anyway...)
Much as I hate to do it, I would rather trade Hurley ahead of Carlisle...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Crazyman wrote:I know Carlisle has value, but I would prefer to hang on to him, he can play both ends (just needs to sort out his kicking...) and can pinch in the ruck (though the way Belly is going right now, Carlisle is probably a better ruck anyway...)
Trade Hurley ahead of Carlisle?

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BenDoolan wrote:
Crazyman wrote:I know Carlisle has value, but I would prefer to hang on to him, he can play both ends (just needs to sort out his kicking...) and can pinch in the ruck (though the way Belly is going right now, Carlisle is probably a better ruck anyway...)

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus
Carlisle was AA defender not more than 18 months ago, is easily our best grab, can play either end, but is not hitting the scoreboard...
Carlisle can play all over the ground and is a genuine option to relieve in the ruck...
As I said, would hate to do it (and would hate to trade either), but if push came to shove, I would trade Hurley before Carlisle...just my opinion...
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Can we get Bomber Thompson back?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Crazyman wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Carlisle was AA defender not more than 18 months ago, is easily our best grab, can play either end, but is not hitting the scoreboard...
Carlisle can play all over the ground and is a genuine option to relieve in the ruck...
As I said, would hate to do it (and would hate to trade either), but if push came to shove, I would trade Hurley before Carlisle...just my opinion...
The different that really matters though - Hurley would bleed for the club (and does). Carlisle just couldn't give a shit.
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BenDoolan wrote:
Crazyman wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

The different that really matters though - Hurley would bleed for the club (and does). Carlisle just couldn't give a shit.
Fair enough then...as I said, I would prefer to hold onto both of them...if either were to be traded, only involve Carlton if they can be screwed over in the deal...
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Hey Crazyman,

I live in St Kilda. Can you drop off some of that lovely hooch that you're smokin?

Cheers,

The Gimp
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Crazyman wrote:Much as I hate to do it, I would rather trade Hurley ahead of Carlisle...
Wow, worst call of the last 24 hours. Hurley untouchable.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Hurley is as untradable as they come.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

As I said, if push came to shove and it was a choice of one or the other, I would prefer to trade Hurley...he has more value at the trade table...
There are a host of threads stating we need to trade for quality...are we going to get that with Stanton, Dempsey, Bellchambers or Melksham? I don't think so...

I already said I would rather hold onto both...however, if it were my choice to make, it would be Hurley right now...however, everyone seems to think that Hurley is untouchable and is happy to throw Carlisle under the bus...
What happens if Carlisle walks or uses the whole saga to hold EFC by the short & curlies??? We could end up in another Ryder situation...

If we want some quality, we are going to have to give up something, personally, EFC have very few players of real worth that could be put on the table (unless they ask), or can we suddenly afford to give away our first genuine first round pick after the draft penalties of the last few years???
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Wouldn't be a good look if at seasons end we traded the B&F winner which Hurley is a big chance at winning this year.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

When the f*** was Carlisle an All-Australian?

He was in All-Australian form for about the first 15 weeks off the 2013 season, before trailing off spectacularly (like the rest of the team) over the remainder of the season.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

So you are all saying we should trade Carlisle coming out of contract with an opportunity to hold the club to ransom just as Paddy did instead of making a ballsy move to trade than Hurley?
Sure, Hurley is having a great season down back, but f*** me, he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire as a forward and was often the butt of criticism in here for his forward play...

I agree that Carlisle was starting to hit is straps in 2013 before tailing off, but f***, how many players did that in 2013 as everything built to a head...
Be honest, we need mids right now that can get the pill and use it smartly, if one of Hurley or Carlisle were traded (which as I have stated I would prefer neither), then so be it...
Then again maybe you all want to sit in mediocrity and watch EFC become like Ninthmone post 1980 simply because you don't want the club to make some ballsy moves just so you can save one player you prefer in a hypothetical situation that may never eventuate...

The way the whole team is going right now, there are very few on the list I consider untouchable...and even fewer with any decent currency of which I consider Hurley to have more than Carlisle...f***, if we could land either Dangerfield or Fyfe for Hurley instead of Carlisle, would you still say no?
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I see your point, but I think you're dreamin'. That calibre of player is not coming to Essendon. It makes it a null argument.