Post by boncer34 »

Gimps wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:I'm hearing Parish.
Yeah.

Very much meh on him.
Why?
Part of it is I really wanted Oliver.

Other part is he's decent all round but he's not elite at anything and I have questions over his size.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
F111
Essendon Legend

Re: The Draft. 2015.

Post by F111 »

Darcy Parish. Howlett height, but 4kgs less. Give him a pre season or two and he'll be as big but faster.
Medium midfielder/forward who reads the game exceptionally well. A quick and agile player with elite decision-making ability. Prolific ball winner who hunts the ball and has the capacity to make something out of nothing. Uses the ball effectively by hand and foot. A back-to-back U18 All-Australian and a member of the NAB AFL Academy.

Aaron Francis. Height and size matches Pears.
Tall forward/defender with good athleticism and game sense. Knows when to come off his opponent and impact the contest. As a dangerous forward he kicked four goals against Western Australia in an outstanding performance at the NAB AFL U18 Championships, winning All-Australian U18 honours. Member of the NAB AFL Academy.

Alex Morgan. Similar size to Stanton, tad lighter.
Dashing medium defender with damaging foot skills on both sides and creative with his hands. Has good step through traffic and was impressive for Vic Metro in the NAB AFL U18 Championships, playing four matches. Has performed well for the Chargers this year.

Mason Redman. Kav/Dempsey/Ambrose/Kommer size.
Classy medium forward who is quick off the mark, a terrific user of the ball and makes great decisions. Strong overhead and showed poise around goals. Kicked three goals against Vic Metro in his best performance at the NAB AFL U18 Championships.

Mitch Brown.Pick delayed 'cause we bid for Silvagni! :lol: Brown is between Hurley & Hooker in size.
Delisted by Geelong at the end of 2014 after 15 games, the versatile tall caught the attention of recruiters as a top-up player for Essendon in the 2015 NAB Challenge. He enjoyed an excellent season with Sandringham in the VFL, playing both forward and back for St Kilda's state league affiliate. Now clear of shoulder troubles, he is a promising third tall who has been reinvigorated by a year out of the AFL system. He's gotta be hungry second time around. I like this pick. =D>

Yestin Eades. Zaharakis, Jerret size.
A nippy forward who in 2014 moved from WAFL club Swan Districts to escape a troubled upbringing and landed in Melbourne to board at St Patrick's College. The move worked wonders and Eades had an impressive 2015 season, when he kicked 12 goals in 12 games for the North Ballarat Rebels, represented Vic Country in the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships and kicked two goals in his only appearance for North Ballarat in the VFL.

Michael Hartley.
The key defender spent 2012-13 on Collingwood's rookie list, but after playing four NAB Cup games at the end of his first pre-season with the Magpies, two serious shoulder injuries limited him to five VFL games over the next two years. Since being delisted by Collingwood, Hartley has put his injury problems behind him and produced two outstanding seasons with Coburg in the VFL. At 198cm and 102kg, he's more than held his own against AFL-listed forwards such as Richmond's Tyrone Vickery and Liam McBean, and North Melbourne's Majak Daw.
patoman
On the Rookie List

Post by patoman »

Happy enough with these picks!
Parish and Francis were the two I wanted straight up :D
Like the sound of Redman, not sure about Morgan and Brown deserves his chance. :)
Don't know much about Yestin Eades but I like his name!
Big disappointments: no Rioli #-o we knew that one before the draft though.
No Tippa? :( No big Ethiopian :? :lol: also surprised we didn't take Mathison :-k
All in all pretty happy with this one.... Nice to be back in the first round of the draft!
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

The best part of the draft was when we nominated Jack Silvagni.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

patoman wrote:Happy enough with these picks!
Parish and Francis were the two I wanted straight up :D
Like the sound of Redman, not sure about Morgan and Brown deserves his chance. :)
Don't know much about Yestin Eades but I like his name!
Big disappointments: no Rioli #-o we knew that one before the draft though.
No Tippa? :( No big Ethiopian :? :lol: also surprised we didn't take Mathison :-k
All in all pretty happy with this one.... Nice to be back in the first round of the draft!
Noone took Mathieson - must have some sort of knock on him.

Gach Nyuon - i hope we rookie him as a ruck prospect. he is the one I want. Follows the bombers. broke running vertical leap record and was under 3 sec in the beep. just raw. worth putting some years into.

Watching the highlights of that guy adelaide picked from nowhere at 17. reckon he could be something special. you can see it in how he moves through traffic. I wonder if he was one of Dodoros back end of the drafts picks and Adelaide decided word was out - seeing as he wasnt on any phantoms i saw.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

BERT wrote:The best part of the draft was when we nominated Jack Silvagni.
yup. :D
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

little_ripper wrote:

Were we serious or just sticking up the scum!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

rockhole wrote:
little_ripper wrote:

Were we serious or just sticking up the scum!!!
If Carlton didn't match the bid then Silvagni would be an Essendon player so we had to be serious.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I guess that's a pretty good haul. My concern is that we drafted two mid-sized forwards who might be able to play in the midfield eventually last year.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.