Salary Cap

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Salary Cap

Post by Windy_Hill »

Could be under a bit of pressure given the deals in place for Hooker and Hurley.

I'm sure Heppell is on some decent coin as well.

With guys like Merrett and Daniher in line for hefty wage rises in the near future, how are we placed to meet the pay demands of potential star recruits such as O'Meara?
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Salary Cap

Post by Crazyman »

Should be ok...Hibbo going, few years left for Watson...we'll be fine :wink:
Front load him, Barack end the others...all good
patoman
On the Rookie List

Post by patoman »

It would be very interesting to see a breakdown of our salary cap and see exactly how much room we have to move for players over the next couple o years considering we seem to have paid slightly overs to all our suspended players. (with good reason)
Of these players how many will retire in the next one or two seasons? (Stants, Hocking, Howlett?) Have we just given them the cap money that we'll use for Zach, Joey ect when they're signed again?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

patoman wrote:It would be very interesting to see a breakdown of our salary cap and see exactly how much room we have to move for players over the next couple o years considering we seem to have paid slightly overs to all our suspended players. (with good reason)
Of these players how many will retire in the next one or two seasons? (Stants, Hocking, Howlett?) Have we just given them the cap money that we'll use for Zach, Joey ect when they're signed again?
I'd like to see the cap breakdown of every club. Particularly Sydney.
Essendunny
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

BenDoolan wrote:
patoman wrote:It would be very interesting to see a breakdown of our salary cap and see exactly how much room we have to move for players over the next couple o years considering we seem to have paid slightly overs to all our suspended players. (with good reason)
does sydney still have coca cola?
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

DC2 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Nope, it was abolished after they got Tippett & Franklin in consecutive years...
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Crazyman wrote:
DC2 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Nope, it was abolished after they got Tippett & Franklin in consecutive years...
But players on under $300k get "rent assistance" from the AFL. Which is f*****.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.