Cold Toast eyeing off Bryan

desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Cold Toast eyeing off Bryan

Post by desmondo »

Apparently cold toast are already trying to lure young Nick Bryan away from us. :evil:

Fresh off his AFL debut, 19-year-old Essendon ruckman Nick Bryan could be looking at a big money deal that could see a rival club prise him out of the Bombers.

Bryan made his senior debut against Carlton on Sunday after being taken with Pick 38 in the 2019 draft, having spent 2020 honing his craft and spending time in defence as well as the ruck.

It was Essendon’s sixth debutant in seven rounds so far this season, but there could be a play for the young gun by the Gold Coast Suns.

“I heard a whisper that maybe the Suns have thrown a bit of cash at Nick Bryan, who played his first game for Essendon today, a little bit like St Kilda did with Sam Draper a couple of years ago,” David King said on Fox Footy’s First Crack.

“Offer $300-400,000 a year and try and lure him out before he becomes a name - I’ve heard a three-year deal at about $400,000 a year.”

Foxfooty.com.au understands Essendon have offered Bryan a two-year deal on less money than Gold Coast.

So do we worry about 'whispers' or where there`s smoke there`s fire?. :-k :-k

Personally I hope he stays with us, and I can see him forming an awesome partnership with Sammy Draper. vingertje
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Cold Toast eyeing off Bryan

Post by BenDoolan »

It’s important that the young group of kids we’ve got have a close bond. Like any other team with talented youngsters, other clubs will target them for recruiting. The only thing we can do is develop a great culture for our youngsters so they don’t want to leave. It appears we are doing that.

It is refreshing to see our kids getting a red hot crack at it. And they’re all coming through together.

Maybe we can make a deal with GC for Peter Wright? :P
Essendunny
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Re: Cold Toast eyeing off Bryan

Post by desmondo »

BenDoolan wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:55 am It’s important that the young group of kids we’ve got have a close bond. Like any other team with talented youngsters, other clubs will target them for recruiting. The only thing we can do is develop a great culture for our youngsters so they don’t want to leave. It appears we are doing that.

It is refreshing to see our kids getting a red hot crack at it. And they’re all coming through together.

Maybe we can make a deal with GC for Peter Wright? :P
:lol: