Isaac Kako

desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Isaac Kako

Post by desmondo »

Apparently will be drafted by us in the next draft, and certainly what we need.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... fd3586a239
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Isaac Kako

Post by BenDoolan »

Fantastic!

Only thing I hope he improves on is goal kicking accuracy…

:shock:
Essendunny
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

BenDoolan wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:58 pm Fantastic!

Yeah true mate, but at least he's getting the ball :-"
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

desmondo wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:27 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:58 pm Fantastic!

Yeah true mate, but at least he's getting the ball :-"
38 shots at goal is an incredible effort. Gun.
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Among fans he seems a lock to be drafted.
I'm not so sure. But wouldn't be disappointed if we grabbed him.
Yes, we need a livewire small forward, but...
He's small. Can he play any role other than a small forward?
Joe Berry has similar goals, tackles, stats in general, but has size on his side to play other roles, and reportedly works up and down the ground more.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

nudder12 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:34 am Among fans he seems a lock to be drafted.
Joe Berry has similar goals, tackles, stats in general, but has size on his side to play other roles, and reportedly works up and down the ground more.
Not paying much attention to Drafts until they are Done and Dusted,Where are we in the order?
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Seems the club is into him.
AFL draft news: NGA prospect Isaac Kako excited to go to Essendon, wants to repay the faith
Herald Sun 27 Aug 2024

Highly-touted small forward Isaac Kako is set to don the sash after November’s draft after five years in Essendon’s academy. Changes to NGA rules means he’s likely to end up there.

Essendon Next Generation Academy draft prospect Isaac Kako said it would “mean a lot” if he could play for the Bombers in 2025 following proposed changes to the NGA rules which mean the club can match a bid on the speedster at any point in the draft.

The 18-year-old has been part of Essendon’s academy for more than five years and with the side in urgent need of a talented small forward, he could be the missing piece.

Kako, who has been an Essendon supporter his whole life, was excited about the potential of becoming part of the furniture at The Hangar next year.

“I’ve gone for the Bombers my whole life … they’ve done a lot for me and it would mean a lot if I could play for them,” he said.

“Potentially playing for them is a dream come true in itself, I’ve been around the club since I was 12 or 13.”

Explosive, electric and dynamic are just a few words that have been used to describe Kako who models his game on one of the most watchable players in the league, Richmond star Shai Bolton.

“I like to use my speed and agility to get my teammates involved and make defenders stumble a bit,” he said.

“I feel like at the next level I could really provide a bit of spark when needed in the midfield too.”

The livewire has even drawn comparisons to Hawthorn young gun Nick ‘The Wizard’ Watson and some recruiters say he could be even better.

But Kako said he didn’t take any notice of outside noise and was just thankful for the opportunities that he’d been given so far, from both Essendon and his family.

“As a kid you never really think you can get there (to the AFL) but it’s always a dream … to be in the position I am now is such a blessing,” he said.

“My family has been the biggest factor to how far I’ve come in my footy journey.

“It is a big deal for me to make all of these people proud and it pushes me to work harder every day.”

The Calder Cannons vice-captain said being involved with the Essendon NGA Academy had been huge for his development.

“The Academy has been very beneficial to me, being able to use the facilities and resources as a younger player gave me an edge not many other kids had which I’m very grateful for,” he said.

“I did pre-season with them, it really makes you realise the professionalism of the next level … (and) it showed me how hard I need to work to get there.”

Kako has put together a strong 2024 season impressing with both the Cannons and Vic Metro but he was left out of the AFL Academy.

He kicked 20 goals in 12 games for the Cannons but has proven he can get plenty of the ball up the ground with an average of almost 20 disposals.

The small forward’s best game of the season was the round 8 clash against Gold Coast Suns where he had a massive 29 disposals, 12 inside 50s and three goals.

Kako also kicked eight goals throughout the Under-18 Championships which included a sensational three-goal performance in the decider as his team won by a point after the siren.

If picked by the Bombers, Kako said he looked forward to the possibility of reuniting and sharing the forward line with a close mate of his, Nate Caddy.

“We were sort of a dynamic duo back at Parade College, it was always good playing with him,” he said.

Kako has the ability to turn a game on its head in a matter of seconds and is a player that Essendon fans should be excited about.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

grassy1 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:49 am
nudder12 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:34 am Among fans he seems a lock to be drafted.
Not paying much attention to Drafts until they are Done and Dusted,Where are we in the order?
At this stage, Essendon has only 2 draft selections. #8 and #28.

In 2023, we traded our 2024 3rd round (#46 to Gold Coast as part of a mega deal) and our 4th round (#64 as part of the Duursma/BZT deal... ontraded to Norf by Port) last year.

These deals saw us snag Lumon Lual (Pick 39) and Archie Roberts (Pick 54) as well as Duursma.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

s'dreams wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:51 am
grassy1 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:49 am
At this stage, Essendon has only 2 draft selections. #8 and #28.

In 2023, we traded our 2024 3rd round (#46 to Gold Coast as part of a mega deal) and our 4th round (#64 as part of the Duursma/BZT deal... ontraded to Norf by Port) last year.

These deals saw us snag Lumon Lual (Pick 39) and Archie Roberts (Pick 54) as well as Duursma.
Thanks for the imfo,mate!

Not that I should care,but I'd laugh if the 'Aints cost themselves a Draft pick or 2 with their last 2 Wins,which have to be classed as nothing more than nuisance value,even to themselves.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

s'dreams wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:23 am Seems the club is into him.
AFL draft news: NGA prospect Isaac Kako excited to go to Essendon, wants to repay the faith
Herald Sun 27 Aug 2024

Highly-touted small forward Isaac Kako is set to don the sash after November’s draft after five years in Essendon’s academy. Changes to NGA rules means he’s likely to end up there.

Essendon Next Generation Academy draft prospect Isaac Kako said it would “mean a lot” if he could play for the Bombers in 2025 following proposed changes to the NGA rules which mean the club can match a bid on the speedster at any point in the draft.

The 18-year-old has been part of Essendon’s academy for more than five years and with the side in urgent need of a talented small forward, he could be the missing piece.

Kako, who has been an Essendon supporter his whole life, was excited about the potential of becoming part of the furniture at The Hangar next year.

“I’ve gone for the Bombers my whole life … they’ve done a lot for me and it would mean a lot if I could play for them,” he said.

“Potentially playing for them is a dream come true in itself, I’ve been around the club since I was 12 or 13.”

Explosive, electric and dynamic are just a few words that have been used to describe Kako who models his game on one of the most watchable players in the league, Richmond star Shai Bolton.

“I like to use my speed and agility to get my teammates involved and make defenders stumble a bit,” he said.

“I feel like at the next level I could really provide a bit of spark when needed in the midfield too.”

The livewire has even drawn comparisons to Hawthorn young gun Nick ‘The Wizard’ Watson and some recruiters say he could be even better.

But Kako said he didn’t take any notice of outside noise and was just thankful for the opportunities that he’d been given so far, from both Essendon and his family.

“As a kid you never really think you can get there (to the AFL) but it’s always a dream … to be in the position I am now is such a blessing,” he said.

“My family has been the biggest factor to how far I’ve come in my footy journey.

“It is a big deal for me to make all of these people proud and it pushes me to work harder every day.”

The Calder Cannons vice-captain said being involved with the Essendon NGA Academy had been huge for his development.

“The Academy has been very beneficial to me, being able to use the facilities and resources as a younger player gave me an edge not many other kids had which I’m very grateful for,” he said.

“I did pre-season with them, it really makes you realise the professionalism of the next level … (and) it showed me how hard I need to work to get there.”

Kako has put together a strong 2024 season impressing with both the Cannons and Vic Metro but he was left out of the AFL Academy.

He kicked 20 goals in 12 games for the Cannons but has proven he can get plenty of the ball up the ground with an average of almost 20 disposals.

The small forward’s best game of the season was the round 8 clash against Gold Coast Suns where he had a massive 29 disposals, 12 inside 50s and three goals.

Kako also kicked eight goals throughout the Under-18 Championships which included a sensational three-goal performance in the decider as his team won by a point after the siren.

If picked by the Bombers, Kako said he looked forward to the possibility of reuniting and sharing the forward line with a close mate of his, Nate Caddy.

“We were sort of a dynamic duo back at Parade College, it was always good playing with him,” he said.

Kako has the ability to turn a game on its head in a matter of seconds and is a player that Essendon fans should be excited about.
I think the thing about Kako is that he's arguably as good as any small forward in the offing, and we definitely need one (or more), and.... he really doesn't cost us anything. Seems a certainty we get him.