2006 is almost over..

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
F111
Essendon Legend

2006 is almost over..

Post by F111 »

Will we win the last game?

It's going to be a fast and high scoring game.

Like many games this year, our fortunes may be decided by accuracy off the boot.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I have never ever thought this about the club before, but I just get the feeling the players "wont be allowed" to win this game if you know what I mean. We wont get the spoon, because Carlton is no hope. The extra pick can be used for Aker. I hate thinking this way, but it just seems logical.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

If we do get in front, watch for some baffling moves from sheeds. Johns to FB, Welsh CHF, JJ up forward, Watson on the bench etc.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

I tend to think it might mirror the earlier game against Footscray this year. We'll go toe to toe with them but they will probably run us off the park.

Gees this season has been frustrating, I know we've played some pretty god awful footy but there have been so many games which we could have won. if we'd won just a handful of those we'd probably be mid-table where we belong. Our list isn't that impressive but the endeavour has been good, it's just a pity the luck hasn't been there.
Bombers till' I die
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

They will be resting their best players on and off the bench so we have a small chance.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

We will give them a real shake but fall short by 20-odd points.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

We match up well against the Bullies with some good talls up forward, but with no Lloyd, I'd say no.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

I agree with robbie. Dont think Essendon will be in 100% to win. They will put up a good fight, but not get over the line. Wouldnt be surprised if Cartledge plays, for a chance, otherwise he is gone. Same with reynolds. Would love to see Lonergan in for this game.
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

my multi bet says Western Bulldogs Win 0 - 39 pts
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

I think both teams will be looking for a Bulldogs win. The Bulldogs to take winning form in to the finals, us for the priority pick.

Losing the priority pick would be that this season would be like, turning up for the party intending to have a big one and at the end your still sober because you find out the beer you were drinking were lites and to add to the disappointment you don't get to pick up! If you know what I mean :)
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Its a shame that now we get the new forum.... Just when its nearly over :P
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

I dont like getting spoon.
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

similar thinking to others. Will fight, but lose by a small margin.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

If we had 10 wins on the board and were going for finals, we would smash them.

But we will be gallant and lose by 10 points or so. We will kick the last three goals of the game and end up with another score over 100 without Lloyd and Lovett.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

i agree, this will be a good effort, but little more than a training exercise which we will fight hard but lose in the end.

and I personally am happy about that.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

danstar84 wrote:If we do get in front, watch for some baffling moves from sheeds. Johns to FB, Welsh CHF, JJ up forward, Watson on the bench etc.
Hehe... JJ kicks 5 :lol: