Rd 15 Essendon v Weagles

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
F111
Essendon Legend

Rd 15 Essendon v Weagles

Post by F111 »

Out: Dunno. ? Gresham.
In: El-Hawli, Caddy

Time to straighten up, lower the eyes and kick an opposition team out of the stadium.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Rd 15 Essendon v Weagles

Post by BenDoolan »

OUT: W. Setterfield (inj), E. Tsatas (omit), P. Wright (omit)

IN: N. Caddy, A. Roberts, J. Davey
Essendunny
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Rest, recover, reload, and ram!

Need the bye. Fix some rattled in the engine and tune it up.

Need to finish the season off strongly. No more fade outs and fatigue ridden slop.

Is Parish ready in 2 weeks? Must consider. Setters went off with an injury? Hope it isn’t the same injury if so. Shiel good to go?

Some considerations for Eagles… Caddy, Davey, El Hawli .
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:53 am Rest, recover, reload, and ram!

Need to finish the season off strongly. No more fade outs and fatigue ridden slop.

Is Parish ready in 2 weeks? Must consider. Setters went off with an injury? Hope it isn’t the same injury if so. Shiel good to go?

We'll know early about the Eagles' intentions after they come back from a Bye as well,double in their case,with their WAFL Reserves.

Brad Hardie just put an Absolute Rocket under their Posteriors,......Again!

On WA TAB Radio.Podcast will probably go up tomorrow.

He's on Again tomorrow at 8.05AM(WST)and Thursday at the same time and Sport FM's Sports Connection on Mondays and Fridays about 10AM(WST).
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

OUT: W. Setterfield (inj), E. Tsatas (omit), P. Wright (omit)

IN: N. Caddy, M. Redman, N. Bryan

Goldy is struggling and we need a second ruck.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

Out: Tsatas
In: Shiel

Guessing Setters will be out with the knee... Those asking for 2MP to be dropped... it won't happen. He is a Scott favourite and the 2nd ruck option.

Would like to see Caddy get another go.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:40 am

We'll know early about the Eagles' intentions after they come back from a Bye as well,double in their case,with their WAFL Reserves.

He's on Again tomorrow at 8.05AM(WST)and Thursday at the same time and Sport FM's Sports Connection on Mondays and Fridays about 10AM(WST).
Well, thet would cop a gob full with that effort against the Roos.

They’d be up against it after the bye you’d think.

Is Brad Hardie ever content and baste? Seriously wonder about that boy.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:30 am
grassy1 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:40 am

Well, thet would cop a gob full with that effort against the Roos.

They’d be up against it after the bye you’d think.

Is Brad Hardie ever content and baste? Seriously wonder about that boy.
Yeah,the boy from Hilton Park's awwright! :lol:
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Potentially.... Duursma, Redman, Hobbs, Baldwin & Draper will all be available.
Baldwin will surely play VFL. Maybe Duursma too given how long he's been out. Same should apply to Draper but who knows??
I think Redman is straight back in. Hobbs probably VFL because he's not better than anyone already in the side.

Outs??
Setterfield? Sounds like he'll be OK with 2 weeks to recover and no-one pressuring his spot.
Tsatas. Gone I think, to make space for Redman with the positional/balance shuffling that will happen.
Jones? To make way for Caddy. Maybe, but I don't think Brad Scott likes to drop players unless they've been ordinary for several weeks.

At this stage I'd say Redman & Duursma IN.
Tsatas & Menzie OUT.

But we've still got another Injury Report next week to think about, and anything can happen....... :-k
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

nudder12 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:28 pm Potentially.... Duursma, Redman, Hobbs, Baldwin & Draper will all be available.
Baldwin will surely play VFL. Maybe Duursma too given how long he's been out. Same should apply to Draper but who knows??
I think Redman is straight back in. Hobbs probably VFL because he's not better than anyone already in the side.

Outs??
Setterfield? Sounds like he'll be OK with 2 weeks to recover and no-one pressuring his spot.
Tsatas. Gone I think, to make space for Redman with the positional/balance shuffling that will happen.
Jones? To make way for Caddy. Maybe, but I don't think Brad Scott likes to drop players unless they've been ordinary for several weeks.

Tsatas & Menzie OUT.

But we've still got another Injury Report next week to think about, and anything can happen....... :-k
No way Menzie will be dropped after his game on Sunday. Was in our best…
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

BenDoolan wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:26 am
nudder12 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:28 pm Potentially.... Duursma, Redman, Hobbs, Baldwin & Draper will all be available.

Outs??

Tsatas & Menzie OUT.

Menzie did OK, but he's not going to be picked in defence ahead of Redman or Duursma (our defensive wing).
And I don't like his chances of playing forward ahead of Gresham or Guelfi either.
So if he keeps his spot, who makes way???
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

nudder12 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:26 am
BenDoolan wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:26 am

Outs??

Tsatas & Menzie OUT.

Menzie did OK, but he's not going to be picked in defence ahead of Redman or Duursma (our defensive wing).
And I don't like his chances of playing forward ahead of Gresham or Guelfi either.
So if he keeps his spot, who makes way???
He’d probably hang in there as a sub - considering his new found versatility.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Frankly I'd prefer Hind and Menzie to both have semi-decent games ... not for one of them to have a shit game and the other a good one and vice versa the next week.
Wally
Top Up Player

Post by Wally »

nudder12 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:28 pm
Jones has been ordinary most of the year. Staggered how he is an automatic selection. 1 maybe 2 contested marks at most a game and the occasional goal. Would love to see Caddy get the go that Jones has been afforded so far.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

EFC injury report wrote:Midfielder Will Setterfield was subbed out late in his return match after experiencing discomfort in the same knee he injured earlier in the season, however he pulled up reasonably well.

If his knee continues to settle over the course of the next week, Setterfield will be a chance to be available for the round 15 match against West Coast following the bye.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Official:

IN: M. Redman, X. Duursma, S. Draper, N. Caddy

OUT: E. Tsatas (omit)
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

With the other Mob,Oscar Allen comes straight back in,after a fair stretch on the Injury List.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:47 pm With the other Mob,Oscar Allen comes straight back in,after a fair stretch on the Injury List.
Oscar has a propensity to knock us around a bit. If I recall correctly, he lumped a stash of goals last year out west. Add to the soup - Waterman, we will have our hands full down back.

Sensing a difficult day… even with Reid.

#-o
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Yeah,they'll give it a crack,even without Harley.

If we play DUMB Football,you might find Waterman has a Career Best like Le cras did and wallop us with a Dozen Goals!

Sure hope not!

Just grab the bloody Ball,play it smart with McGovern and Barass in their Backline and put your own Big Score on the Board.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

I was hopeful that Caddy would get selected.

But I forgot that our coach hates anyone under the age of 22 and/or who hasn't played for another team.

Ah well... Lets hope that Wright can kick more than the one goal he has scored over the past month and that Jones features in play more than than his standard once a game.