2024 R21, EFC v Fremantle

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Re: 2024 R21, EFC v Fremantle

Post by s'dreams »

Sammy Durham won it off his boot.

Totally unexpected win.

Though we had 25 scoring shots to their 19.

Where was that intensity and desire over the past 3/4s and the past 5 games?

Great last quarter from Shiel, Martin and Redman.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Couldn't see it due to Family matters,but I couldn't resist a Snigger :twisted: at Freo's expense.

I want Brand Peelmantle,sorry Freo copping 4 Losses straight to finish the season,which will do wonders for Peel in turn. 8)

Been bitching and moaning looking at the scores after 1/4 Time,then I saw us 7 points up,...........

Scores Level,....."Ohhhhhh Shit!"

Point to us,how long to go?

Wasn't prepared to say we Won,until the Live Score said we Won.

But as Mike used to say,"I tipped this!"

7 this week,assuming Brissie don't cough up an 8 Goal Half Time lead.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

No doubt we did play with a bit more intensity, which is good, but we still made a heap of stupid errors.

In the end, therefore, I feel like it was not so much a good win for us but a bad loss for Freo.
Any decent team that has aspirations of Top 4 should have well and truly put us away.

Nice debut from Roberts - clearly should have been in the team at least 3-4 weeks ago already.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Well, well, well!

They actually do have some heart. They can dig deep. They do have the stamina.

What a game and result to play your debut in. Well played Archie Roberts =D> You can hold your head up high.

Fantastic last quarter. Sam Draper… take a bow. That was a great effort. Nic Martin… all class around goals. I have no idea why we don’t use him more up there, seriously. Our ground ball work in the F50 is very poor most of the time. He is a classic opportunist.

At least Gresham hit the scoreboard as a small forward. Menzie… please. 12 games for 2 goals is as lousy as it gets. Bloody Nic Martin has kicked 11 goals playing at half back!

There are so many players stinking it up at the moment. I’m actually gobsmacked with how we won this today. Thank goodness for Caldwell, Merrett, Parish and Durham. A lot of hard work put in by them.

Unbelievable finish. Fantastic fight back.

But… I would not put it past us that we will be THAT club that allows Gold Coast to get their first away win next week.
Essendunny
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Probably hung enough shit on Menzies for a whole year, but he is nowhere near an accepted level for a AFL footballer. If I had any doubts they were quelled this afternoon.
The bloke I really worry about is Laverde. He is going to cost us a game before the year is out. He has little or no awareness of what is going on around him. He is a one trick pony with his monotonous kicks from full back down the wing and shows little or no flare even after several years in the comp.
I would gladly axe the two of them.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:25 pm Well, well, well!

They actually do have some heart. They can dig deep. They do have the stamina.

What a game and result to play your debut in. Well played Archie Roberts =D> You can hold your head up high.

Fantastic last quarter. Sam Draper… take a bow. That was a great effort. Nic Martin… all class around goals. I have no idea why we don’t use him more up there, seriously. Our ground ball work in the F50 is very poor most of the time. He is a classic opportunist.

At least Gresham hit the scoreboard as a small forward. Menzie… please. 12 games for 2 goals is as lousy as it gets. Bloody Nic Martin has kicked 11 goals playing at half back!

There are so many players stinking it up at the moment. I’m actually gobsmacked with how we won this today. Thank goodness for Caldwell, Merrett, Parish and Durham. A lot of hard work put in by them.

Unbelievable finish. Fantastic fight back.

But… I would not put it past us that we will be THAT club that allows Gold Coast to get their first away win next week.
You wouldn't think so after Friday,when they blew it against West Coast.But yeah,I wouldn't put it past us to get done by the Suns.Depends though,if that Loss of their's takes the Wind out of their sails completely!
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Broken fret! :shock:

What a clinch match. Dizzy and dazey. Our play was fritter and waste in an offhand way in some ways. Lots of F50 entries amounting to very little on many occasions.

In essence, they were cleaner, and more dead balls accurate in smacking the scoreboard.

Huzzah to the first gamer - the assault rifle Archie Roberts. Great debut creeto! vingertje

BAZINGA kicked some box office goals =D> and good to see Gresho snag a few 6 pointers.

The race caller was in a tough minded mood today. Burrowed in, created play, and dished it up. Ripper game. Plays with high intensity and emotion. Love his guts.

Skippo Mezza. Fantastic! That last clearance was aaaaaall class. Swoop, run, dish off, crunch time. His consistency and his will power is high octane. How he isn’t regarded as elite by CD is absolute balderdash.

Duzzzzz. Easy Duzz it! How good is this creet? Fantastic stuff. =D>

Draw the curtain Mr Draper! Great mark in the dying seconds. Kill the game vingertje

Doc Martin came in and did some damage up front. Crucial kicks!

Just a great gutsy win. Sucked in a lot of fresh air during the week it was good to see it put to good use.

The cheese platter and wine went tumbling in the last minute. But another bottle was cracked soon after!!