Out of Contract Status

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nudder12
Club Captain

Re: Out of Contract Status

Post by nudder12 »

BenDoolan wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:29 pm Word is MDA is wanting out. We offered a one year deal, Hawks have offered 2 years.
No great loss. Good luck to him.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

i like MDA. we seem to butcher the ball a bit and he can hit targets regularly. hes young and will keep improving. i hope we can find a way to keep him.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Why would you get rid the one guy in the entire club other than Menzie, who knows how to kick the football accurately?
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

MH_Bomber wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:20 pm Why would you get rid the one guy in the entire club other than Menzie, who knows how to kick the football accurately?
Exactly.

Hawks love a bloke who can kick. That was the basis of their successful premiership run.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if MDA becomes another Houli.
Essendunny
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

DC2 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:55 pm i like MDA. we seem to butcher the ball a bit and he can hit targets regularly. hes young and will keep improving. i hope we can find a way to keep him.
He’s an elite kick. One of the best there is.

I’ve heard his knees are a bit wiffy… which maybe why we have only offered a one year contract.

Sad really :x
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

MH_Bomber wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:20 pm Why would you get rid the one guy in the entire club other than Menzie, who knows how to kick the football accurately?
Because he was crap at defending.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

The justification I have heard is that the club feels that the Davey twins are similar players to MDA and have much more upside.

MDA 178 cm 80Kg
Alwyn Davey 181 cm 78 Kg
Jayden Davey 180 cm, 79 Kg

Also MDA is really slow for his size.

Thus the 1 year contract.

If the club offered a 2 year contract and the Davey Twins lived up to their potential, MDA wouldn't be getting a game and the club would be accused of keeping on a list clogger
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:35 am The justification I have heard is that the club feels that the Davey twins are similar players to MDA and have much more upside.

MDA 178 cm 80Kg
Alwyn Davey 181 cm 78 Kg

If the club offered a 2 year contract and the Davey Twins lived up to their potential, MDA wouldn't be getting a game and the club would be accused of keeping on a list clogger
Fair assessment.

I forgot we had Jayden Davey. He’s basically a new recruit next year. Hopefully these two can put some strength on their frames because they are just feather dusters.
Essendunny
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

BenDoolan wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:21 pm
stryper wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:08 pm He was smashed Defensively many times.
Heaps of Options....
Like I said Will struggle at Port.
I would play Weiderman Hayes or Baldwin...
Baldwin another pre season Under his Belt...
Anyway...
Crikey. He was beaten badly a couple of times. But most of the time he was solid.

Weid, Hayes, Baldy… hmm… not going to stop Hawkins (which is who BZT struggled against).

If we don’t get McKay, we’re rooted.
Was told Sydney are also looking at Mackay too.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

mdso wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:06 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:21 pm
stryper wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:08 pm He was smashed Defensively many times.
Heaps of Options....
Like I said Will struggle at Port.
I would play Weiderman Hayes or Baldwin...
Baldwin another pre season Under his Belt...
Anyway...
Crikey. He was beaten badly a couple of times. But most of the time he was solid.

Weid, Hayes, Baldy… hmm… not going to stop Hawkins (which is who BZT struggled against).

If we don’t get McKay, we’re rooted.
Was told Sydney are also looking at Mackay too.
Sydney pulled out.

Either Sydney lost interest after they did their medical on him (most likely), or McKay told them he wanted to stay in Melbourne.

He could have told them that from the outset…
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:35 am The justification I have heard is that the club feels that the Davey twins are similar players to MDA and have much more upside.

MDA 178 cm 80Kg
Alwyn Davey 181 cm 78 Kg

Whoever is responsible for the MDA decision needs to be sacked.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:37 pm

MDA 178 cm 80Kg
Alwyn Davey 181 cm 78 Kg

Whoever is responsible for the MDA decision needs to be sacked.
The POS is still there after 20 years despite being replaced by Rosas.

He appears to be working for free...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Massimo D’Ambrosio has made the AA squad :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D>
Essendunny
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

BenDoolan wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:46 pm
Exactly.

Hawks love a bloke who can kick. That was the basis of their successful premiership run.

you hit the nail on the head. i didnt want to see him leave either. the question is though, if he stayed would he have got a regular game under brad scott? i dont think he would have. i dont think brad scott valued him like mitchell did.

this does like you said, look like houli all over again. we dont value guys who can kick the footy. cite kelly, who is a walk up start if healthy. he shouldnt be in our best 22.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

DC2 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:23 am
BenDoolan wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:46 pm
Exactly.

you hit the nail on the head. i didnt want to see him leave either. the question is though, if he stayed would he have got a regular game under brad scott? i dont think he would have. i dont think brad scott valued him like mitchell did.

this does like you said, look like houli all over again. we dont value guys who can kick the footy. cite kelly, who is a walk up start if healthy. he shouldnt be in our best 22.
I'm going slightly off-topic here, sorry, but it's 100% true that Brad Scott wouldn't have valued him like Mitchell has.
Brad is hell-bent on everyone being good at everything. He refuses to accept that a player can add value purely by what they are really good at, and that it's TEAM effort to mitigate that player's weaknesses if necessary.
As an analogy, if we had a world beater leading full-forward, Brad would most likely demand them to get better at contested marking in packs before he coached the team to lower their eyes and hit the guy up with a pass.