Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine Toxic Tip 2024

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine Toxic Tip 2024

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:28 pm Jake Kelly retires
Good Lord ... was he only with us for 3 years?

It felt like an eternity.

Just one more to go and I'll be happy enough ... I am even coming around to us keeping Goldstein on the list ONLY AS EMERGENCY if Draper or Bryan get injured.

FYI ... that makes 6 spots on the list (5 main, 1 rookie) when we only have 2 picks in the first 4 rounds. Some PSD spots up for grabs perhaps.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

s'dreams wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:04 pm

Just one more to go and I'll be happy enough ... I am even coming around to us keeping Goldstein on the list ONLY AS EMERGENCY if Draper or Bryan get injured.

FYI ... that makes 6 spots on the list (5 main, 1 rookie) when we only have 2 picks in the first 4 rounds. Some PSD spots up for grabs perhaps.
Goldstein has to go. But looks unlikely #-o

Pretty sure it's 4 main and 2 rookie spots (Heppell, Hind, Baldwin, Kelly all main, Wanganeen & Hunter rookies).
But still SUPER interesting how we will fill the list given we've only got 2 draft picks and nothing obviously valuable to trade with.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

nudder12 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 12:00 am

Pretty sure it's 4 main and 2 rookie spots (Heppell, Hind, Baldwin, Kelly all main, Wanganeen & Hunter rookies).
But still SUPER interesting how we will fill the list given we've only got 2 draft picks and nothing obviously valuable to trade with.
The AFL will give 5th and 6th round picks if we need to fill the list.

The delistings thus far indicates we likely have our eye on a couple of mature age players who will be invited to train with us OR there are a couple of trades in the wind.

The latter option scares me given our crap scorecard over the past couple of years.... and the fact that Scott seems to favor 3rd rate hacks from other clubs over developing our own youngsters.

And BTW - I'd prefer Weiderman to go before Goldstein as both are out of contract. Though I would prefer both to go ASAP.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

s'dreams wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:33 am
nudder12 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 12:00 am

The AFL will give 5th and 6th round picks if we need to fill the list.

The delistings thus far indicates we likely have our eye on a couple of mature age players who will be invited to train with us OR there are a couple of trades in the wind.

The latter option scares me given our crap scorecard over the past couple of years.... and the fact that Scott seems to favor 3rd rate hacks from other clubs over developing our own youngsters.

And BTW - I'd prefer Weiderman to go before Goldstein as both are out of contract. Though I would prefer both to go ASAP.
Yep, I know we'll get more picks if needed, but I'm imagining the lack of talent available with those picks.
Also not a fan of recruiting more mature age blokes, but I suppose we'll have to because otherwise it's going to be a very young list, with only a thin layer of talent and we'd be stupid to do that after bringing in Duursma, Gresham, Goldy & McKay last year.
I think Weideman will be staying for depth reasons.
That said - today we've learnt that Baldwin is likely to train with us over the pre-season to try to win a spot back.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Well Baldwin has something the majority of our list doesn't... the ability to kick accurately.

I have heard that the current draft has a few exceptional recruits who are likely to fill the top 8-10 ... and then solid/OK players all the way down.

The best outcome would be for us to use pick 8 on one of the good kids and then get Isaac Kako with our second round....

A supporter can wish ... can't he?
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

s'dreams wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:15 am Well Baldwin has something the majority of our list doesn't... the ability to kick accurately.

I have heard that the current draft has a few exceptional recruits who are likely to fill the top 8-10 ... and then solid/OK players all the way down.

The best outcome would be for us to use pick 8 on one of the good kids and then get Isaac Kako with our second round....

A supporter can wish ... can't he?
The draft summary is about right.
We have pick 8 currently - for one of the good kids.
Our second round pick is 28.
Expect Kako to go before that, so we'll have to use a bunch of picks to "bid" for him. Where are we getting those picks from? Probably not difficult, they'll get included with some player trades.
But if we need more players after that, our picks will be 4th/5th rounds - not a lot of obvious talent there, especially for a rebuilding side.
So we'll probably get a top10 pick, Kako and pick 28 - and then some nobodys. Unless we trade in someone. But we don't have any picks to trade with really