Squadron 17 Flies Fleet to Arizona Camp Meeto

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
F111
Essendon Legend

Re: Squadron 17 Flies Fleet to Arizona Camp Meeto

Post by F111 »

Windy Hille wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:31 am
nudder12 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:01 pm
Windy Hille wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:44 pm
F111 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:34 pm
MH_Bomber wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:20 pm Looking buffed is my man Menzie
It will be interesting to see if all the attendee s to this camp have markedly improved seasons as a result (although it might be difficult for Kylos to have a markedly improved season on last season).

You would hope to see greater stamina, more physical intensity, and sharper cognition in their outputs.

Those that stayed home… what were their programs? One wonders.
Why might you expect greater performance from those that went to Arizona?
If the players that stayed in Aus trained just as hard, they'll be just as fit.
In essence, higher altitude training requires more ‘effort’ due to the slight reduction in oxygen and atmospheric pressure, meaning the body has to work harder to compensate or acclimatise to the conditions. It’s all scientific and clubs have been using it for years. Certain blood cells and muscle metabolism work harder - meaning greater benefits for the athlete (but I’m no sports scientist).

Those who stayed here would probably have to work 1.5 times harder (at a guess) than those in Arizona. Maybe twice as hard.

There is a belief that endurance, strength and conditioning is increased by training at high altitudes.
Short term benefit only. The body compensates for the inability to carry enough O2 by making more haemoglobin to do it. Once down to your normal altitude that corrects quick enough so that the benefit isn't maintained over time.
EPO (erythropoietin) is the quick way to do the same thing, but we all know that's naughty.
EPO was undetectable last time I knew about it, but the testing related to expected ratios etc...
VO2 max is something that can be measured, though it's really just a measurement comparing inhaled O2 to exhaled O2 to presume a level of cellular fitness.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

F111 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:23 pm
Windy Hille wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:31 am
nudder12 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:01 pm
Windy Hille wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:44 pm
F111 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:34 pm
It will be interesting to see if all the attendee s to this camp have markedly improved seasons as a result (although it might be difficult for Kylos to have a markedly improved season on last season).

You would hope to see greater stamina, more physical intensity, and sharper cognition in their outputs.

Those that stayed home… what were their programs? One wonders.
Why might you expect greater performance from those that went to Arizona?
If the players that stayed in Aus trained just as hard, they'll be just as fit.
In essence, higher altitude training requires more ‘effort’ due to the slight reduction in oxygen and atmospheric pressure, meaning the body has to work harder to compensate or acclimatise to the conditions. It’s all scientific and clubs have been using it for years. Certain blood cells and muscle metabolism work harder - meaning greater benefits for the athlete (but I’m no sports scientist).

Those who stayed here would probably have to work 1.5 times harder (at a guess) than those in Arizona. Maybe twice as hard.

There is a belief that endurance, strength and conditioning is increased by training at high altitudes.
Short term benefit only. The body compensates for the inability to carry enough O2 by making more haemoglobin to do it. Once down to your normal altitude that corrects quick enough so that the benefit isn't maintained over time.
EPO (erythropoietin) is the quick way to do the same thing, but we all know that's naughty.
EPO was undetectable last time I knew about it, but the testing related to expected ratios etc...
VO2 max is something that can be measured, though it's really just a measurement comparing inhaled O2 to exhaled O2 to presume a level of cellular fitness.
Thanks F111
There's no long term benefit (beyond a few weeks) from altitude training
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

The 1%ers...go to 14:20 for Langers response.

https://youtu.be/yhHKw4iPHrM?si=jaVFCwaUnq0lmLoP
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:14 am The 1%ers...go to 14:20 for Langers response.

Just more word salad.

Can they do away with this rot, and just actually perform to a higher level? It’s long overdue ffs.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:35 pm
F111 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:14 am The 1%ers...go to 14:20 for Langers response.

Just more word salad.

Can they do away with this rot, and just actually perform to a higher level? It’s long overdue ffs.
Be ok if it gets backed up with Action.Regularly!Very Regularly!

Not sure that speech was anything like your (Ronnie)Lott's Prayer,but provided we Kick A** straight arterwards,Fine!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:36 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:35 pm

Just more word salad.

Be ok if it gets backed up with Action.Regularly!Very Regularly!

Not sure that speech was anything like your (Ronnie)Lott's Prayer,but provided we Kick A** straight arterwards,Fine!
John Kennedy keeps popping into my head - don’t think, don’t hope… DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Essendunny
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I am still badly scarred from the pathetic efforts displayed in the final two rounds from last year.

Normally, around this time of year, I am starting to run through last seasons games looking for a bit of inspiration.

I simply cannot get motivated to read the various “fluff” pieces in the press .

Until these pricks show something on the field, I don’t care if they train in the Siberian Desert.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Plans are great. Ideas with purpose great too.

Actions & results > words though.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

rockhole wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:56 am I am still badly scarred from the pathetic efforts displayed in the final two rounds from last year.

Normally, around this time of year, I am starting to run through last seasons games looking for a bit of inspiration.

Until these pricks show something on the field, I don’t care if they train in the Siberian Desert.
It’s all starting again… the socials showing training seshies and talking up players who are just competing at half arsed intensity.

It’s becoming embarrassing I must say.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

rockhole wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:56 am I am still badly scarred from the pathetic efforts displayed in the final two rounds from last year.

Hmmmm,even if they are from the NFL's Past,reckon some Rigid Street Training under the watchfull eyes(Step by Step!)of George Seifert,Ray Rhodes and Ronnie Lott for a Year,might sort out the Shit from Clay!

Splash the Cash Essendon!
Last edited by grassy1 on Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Windy Hille wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:00 pm

It’s all starting again… the socials showing training seshies and talking up players who are just competing at half arsed intensity.

Absolutely 100% THIS.
Saw one the other day talking about how someone gave a "hospital handpass" and the receiving player pulled out from getting smashed and they all joked about it afterwards. :roll:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

nudder12 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:57 pm

Absolutely 100% THIS.
Saw one the other day talking about how someone gave a "hospital handpass" and the receiving player pulled out from getting smashed and they all joked about it afterwards. :roll:
Was any Coach running Training then?????!!!!!! :shock:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Hahaha… my favourite is this…
Goldstein pretty dominant in the ruck. Here he taps to space for Gresham to handball to Hepps and then pass from his wrong foot. Ball ends up going long and Baldwin takes a great contested defensive mark
The footage is just junk. It’s just like watching a pre-match warm up routine. FMD. Why carry on like this is match condition?

I think Goldstein was up against a witches hat if I’m not mistaken.

Had to laugh at someone posting… “can’t wait to one day see our pre-season team of the century”

:lol:
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:14 am Hahaha… my favourite is this…
Goldstein pretty dominant in the ruck. Here he taps to space for Gresham to handball to Hepps and then pass from his wrong foot. Ball ends up going long and Baldwin takes a great contested defensive mark
The footage is just junk. It’s just like watching a pre-match warm up routine. FMD. Why carry on like this is match condition?

Had to laugh at someone posting… “can’t wait to one day see our pre-season team of the century”

That'd pretty much be the 2000 Pre-season Premiership Team.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:00 am

Spot on!

Back in the day when they actually played OPPOSITION, and there was something at stake.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:05 am
grassy1 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:00 am

Spot on!

Back in the day when they actually played OPPOSITION, and there was something at stake.
29 Wins from 30 Games,with the Day and Night Double to Boot!

I hate getting Superstitious,but sometimes I wonder if the Football Gods punish us for that season,or Miami Dolphins(who are not my NFL Team)with a 17 and 0 Season.Though they Won the following Season's Super Bowl,I get the feeling the more they hang on to The Only Perfect Season,the further away they are from their next Lombardi.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

grassy1 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:51 am

Absolutely 100% THIS.
No idea, but I presume so.

Speaking of Coaches, and training, and pre-season, and social media....
It's rather ironic that about a week ago Brad Scott said (paraphrased) - "fans want less talk and more action"
But meanwhile, the fans are all talk and not waiting for any action.
Probably only have themselves to blame if they're disappointed by whatever 2024 brings
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

nudder12 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:48 pm
grassy1 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:51 am

Absolutely 100% THIS.
No idea, but I presume so.

Speaking of Coaches, and training, and pre-season, and social media....
It's rather ironic that about a week ago Brad Scott said (paraphrased) - "fans want less talk and more action"
But meanwhile, the fans are all talk and not waiting for any action.
Probably only have themselves to blame if they're disappointed by whatever 2024 brings
There are more and more cynical condescending remarks to these posts every day. Well, the ones I’ve seen anyway…
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Beautifully put, Rocky. I think we all want to see them show something on the field and something that lasts more than ten minutes.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

In other words,Bombers Players and Coaches,Prove Us Wrong!