Rd 15 Essendon v Weagles

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Rd 15 Essendon v Weagles

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:57 pm I was hopeful that Caddy would get selected.

But I forgot that our coach hates anyone under the age of 22 and/or who hasn't played for another team.

Ah well... Lets hope that Wright can kick more than the one goal he has scored over the past month and that Jones features in play more than than his standard once a game.
Caddy didn’t play in the VFL today.

Not sure why :-k
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:17 pm
s'dreams wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:57 pm I was hopeful that Caddy would get selected.

But I forgot that our coach hates anyone under the age of 22 and/or who hasn't played for another team.

Ah well... Lets hope that Wright can kick more than the one goal he has scored over the past month and that Jones features in play more than than his standard once a game.

I guess they wanted at least one of the Emergencies fresh in case needed, although choosing Caddy as the fresh one seems odd - especially given the overall team balance as selected.
Also interesting - Gresham still listed as an Emergency. He was not selected for personal reasons (his grandfather passed away mid-week) so I thought they might have dropped him off the Emergency list for someone else.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

nudder12 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:28 am
BenDoolan wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:17 pm

I guess they wanted at least one of the Emergencies fresh in case needed, although choosing Caddy as the fresh one seems odd - especially given the overall team balance as selected.
Also interesting - Gresham still listed as an Emergency. He was not selected for personal reasons (his grandfather passed away mid-week) so I thought they might have dropped him off the Emergency list for someone else.
The VFL played up on the Gold Coast yesterday… and as far as I’m aware, Caddy was replaced just before the game.

So… it seems odd to fly him up there, then decide to fly him back as a last minute “just in case” scenario.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Late change:

Goldstein out, Caddy in

Menzie Sub
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Who the hell is on Cripps?

He is single-handedly pantsing us.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Slacking off again.

Losing clearances to a shit ruck and the worst midfield in the AFL. Currently 30 clearances to 18. Also Losing 80 contested to 69.

Thank Christ for Durham and Caldwell.

If we win it will be by a few points.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Also 10 frees WC to 3 for us.

The umps have decided that the Holding the Ball rule no longer exists.

And the Weagles can hit marks out of hands for play on, while Yeo is gifted a mark that was touched by 2 of our players first.

What a load of shit.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

We had 54 tackles for the game and not a single one of them was given htb. That is utterly ridiculous, especially when they claimed they were going to start paying it again.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

billyduckworth wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:02 pm We had 54 tackles for the game and not a single one of them was given htb. That is utterly ridiculous, especially when they claimed they were going to start paying it again.
Not this week.

We were 4 Frees to 11 at the start of the 4th quarter. One of those was to Laverde for a punch to the gut.

Wound up being 8 frees to 12.

Not even Yeo running from behind the player to stand the mark was given a 50.

Totally shit and even worse, totally confusing umpiring.

Two non-paid marks, one non-recognised touch and two non-paid HTB resulted in 5 goals to the Weagles... and that is not including the 360 that was supposed to always be a free under the new interpretations.

The 2 non-HTB could have been frees to us anyway for high fendoffs (that at least should have been considered prior).

As a friend told me today ... The AFL doesn't have rules anymore. They just have interpretations.
Last edited by s'dreams on Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

8)
Attachments
IMG_5701.jpeg
IMG_5701.jpeg (63.01 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:44 pm
billyduckworth wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:02 pm We had 54 tackles for the game and not a single one of them was given htb. That is utterly ridiculous, especially when they claimed they were going to start paying it again.
Not this week.

We were 4 Frees to 11 at the start of the 4th quarter. One of those was to Laverde for a punch to the gut.

Two non-paid marks, one non-regognised touch and two non-paid HTB resulted in 5 goals to the Weagles... and that is not including the 360 that was supposed to always be a free under the new interpretations.

The 2 non-HTB could have been frees to us anyway for high fendoffs (that at least should have been considered prior).

As a friend told me today ... The AFL doesn't have rules anymore. They just have interpretations.
That way this game was umpired was a f****** disgrace.

100% agree with everything said above.

Add to all that the completely useless centre bounces.

Do these idiots actually get paid for what they do? FMD.

Scumpires. f****** hell.
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sam Durham is a bullocking bulldozer. Love the way he goes about it. Absolute fave of mine. Great game today. Having a huge year!

Calders also having his best season. Lots of grunt and grit 8)

Well done Nate Caddy =D> Love your work boy. Keep working hard at it… you’re gonna be a star.

Actually good to see Drapes back. Played pretty well around the ground.

Great work by Stringer up forward.
Essendunny
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Off to the freet it was indeed!

Happy with the early time slot and day set.

The slick and slaw momentum of the game ebbed and flowed each way all day. I wondered how things would be if Tim Kelly and Harley Reid were on today. They seemed to control Center bounces and stoppages most game without them.

But in saying that and in essence, Duzz and Calders were bunsens for us. They’re a good duo. Absence of DP3 makes Duzz emerge a bizzo. A bit like how DP3 emerged when Shiel went akimbo.

Hi Ho Caddy-o awaaaaaaay! What a ripping first goal. One of very many to come vingertje

How good was Lavs today? Fantastic defensive work. Busted his proverbial in saving many thrusts into the forward fifty.

A shout out to the wiser older leaders of the team. They are now playing as mature, smart, responsible citizens. Zachity, Heppo and Pidgety. Gunzo!

I think I’m saying this because of the high standard he sets, but Riddles was uncharacteristically sloppy todat. That’s being compared against the immaculate first game back from injury (and his general high quality output).

Time to slap the Cats!
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I could not fathom the bulk of the umpiring decisions today. Generally speaking, there are usually two or three that you shake your head at, but today’s game was simply atrocious in every quarter by every umpire.
All of them contradicted the so called clarity that supposedly was brought to the game a couple of weeks ago, and even the most biased supporter could see some clarity in the decision making which made for a better spectacle.

Today we were we back to the good old days of 360 degree spins, diving on the ball, dragging the ball in, incorrect disposal on top of 3 occasions when the ball was not delivered back to our players, and at least two occasions when our blokes were whacked after disposal.

The umpires seem to lack a basic understanding of the rules of the game. One muppet could not even bounce the ball.

I really fear for the future of the game and don’t expect any comfort from the new CEO who appears to have swallowed a politicians hand book full of cliches when it comes to giving answers to tough questions
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

rockhole wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:05 am I could not fathom the bulk of the umpiring decisions today. Generally speaking, there are usually two or three that you shake your head at, but today’s game was simply atrocious in every quarter by every umpire.
All of them contradicted the so called clarity that supposedly was brought to the game a couple of weeks ago, and even the most biased supporter could see some clarity in the decision making which made for a better spectacle.

Today we were we back to the good old days of 360 degree spins, diving on the ball, dragging the ball in, incorrect disposal on top of 3 occasions when the ball was not delivered back to our players, and at least two occasions when our blokes were whacked after disposal.

The umpires seem to lack a basic understanding of the rules of the game. One muppet could not even bounce the ball.

I really fear for the future of the game and don’t expect any comfort from the new CEO who appears to have swallowed a politicians hand book full of cliches when it comes to giving answers to tough questions
The umpires have recently acquired VR headsets that they are crowing about.

Seems they lose part of their cognitive function in wearing them...

I don't often agree with John Steka, but I do on this one. The new head of umpiring, Stephen McBurney needs to go.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Windy Hille wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:40 pm
I think I’m saying this because of the high standard he sets, but Riddles was uncharacteristically sloppy todat. That’s being compared against the immaculate first game back from injury (and his general high quality output).
Unforced handballing directly to an opponent in the backline is bad enough once... but to do it a second time is a bit shabby
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Not this week.

Two non-paid marks, one non-recognised touch and two non-paid HTB resulted in 5 goals to the Weagles... and that is not including the 360 that was supposed to always be a free under the new interpretations.

ALL THE AFL COMMISSION AND RULES COMMITTEE'S FAULT!ALL OF IT!

They're the ones who have f***** things up with their constant fiddling of the game,making things difficult for the Umpires,Players and Everyone else in Aussie Rules Footy!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:40 pm Off to the freet it was indeed!

The slick and slaw momentum of the game ebbed and flowed each way all day. I wondered how things would be if Tim Kelly and Harley Reid were on today. They seemed to control Center bounces and stoppages most game without them.

But in saying that and in essence, Duzz and Calders were bunsens for us. They’re a good duo. Absence of DP3 makes Duzz emerge a bizzo. A bit like how DP3 emerged when Shiel went akimbo.

Hi Ho Caddy-o awaaaaaaay! What a ripping first goal. One of very many to come vingertje

How good was Lavs today? Fantastic defensive work. Busted his proverbial in saving many thrusts into the forward fifty.

A shout out to the wiser older leaders of the team. They are now playing as mature, smart, responsible citizens. Zachity, Heppo and Pidgety. Gunzo!

Time to slap the Cats!
The game started at 11.00AM Western Standard Time.So it was as close to Brunch as the eagles could possibly hope for,as their 10.00AM WAFL Home Games,......in front of 341,........with a Membership of 103 000+,of which 42 000 are on the Waiting List!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:42 am
Not this week.

ALL THE AFL COMMISSION AND RULES COMMITTEE'S FAULT!ALL OF IT!

They're the ones who have f***** things up with their constant fiddling of the game,making things difficult for the Umpires,Players and Everyone else in Aussie Rules Footy!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
It ain’t that difficult for the umpires… if they have brains. And that’s where the problem exists.

Any game that requires ‘interpretation’ of rules, requires the officials to have a certain level of cognitive ability.

Stop employing idiots.
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:50 am
Windy Hille wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:40 pm Off to the freet it was indeed!

Time to slap the Cats!
The game started at 11.00AM Western Standard Time.So it was as close to Brunch as the eagles could possibly hope for,as their 10.00AM WAFL Home Games,......in front of 341,........with a Membership of 103 000+,of which 42 000 are on the Waiting List!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Perfect time then!
Essendunny