2024 R17, EFC v Collingwood

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Re: 2024 R17, EFC v Collingwood

Post by MH_Bomber »

The Edge was back with knobs on.

We smashed into bodies hard, tackled hard and turned the game.

Caddy was inspired when he started clunking them. It like his youthful pure footy inspired the entire side.

By far the best win of the season.

Next week I want to see this line in selection.

No change.

Caddy HAS TO stay in. Shiel was great. .
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

During that first quarter, I was resigned to the fact that we were just going to exhibit exactly what we did last year (and for many years before that). “Here we go” are the 3 words muttered. Totally expected a continued capitulation.

But then…

Something strange happened. Dug deep. Pushed hard. Is it actually ‘The Edge’?

I must say I’m impressed with the win. They may finally be believing in themselves. Our skipper is an absolute gun. How he was ever discarded as a leader a few seasons ago shows how pathetic the group and club was back then. Merrett should be captain of the AA team this year.

Enjoy the ride with Nate Caddy. He’s going to be a bloody ripper. Let him play from here on in. Jones on a wing has been great IMO. Love his work. I just hope he stays intact for a long period of time. He will be fantastic if he stays healthy.

I believe the big difference to our ‘edge’ has been the Caldwell / Durham combo. They are ace. Love their work!

Keep having a crack Dons 8)
Essendunny
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Durham and Caldwell have definitely made a big difference and Merrett was just unbelievable. Absolutely ran his guts out.

I got a bit nervous in the last ten minutes - afraid we were going to stuff it up and let them steal it back.

A great win, but gee it would be nice if we actually put a team away for a change.
To have ten wins on the board and yet a percentage less than 100 is ridiculous.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

billyduckworth wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:54 am Durham and Caldwell have definitely made a big difference and Merrett was just unbelievable. Absolutely ran his guts out.

I got a bit nervous in the last ten minutes - afraid we were going to stuff it up and let them steal it back.

A great win, but gee it would be nice if we actually put a team away for a change.
To have ten wins on the board and yet a percentage less than 100 is ridiculous.
My Club Topped the Ladder once with a 15 - 6 Record and a Percentage of 103%.Take a rough stab who did that our way,Billy! 8)
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

The Edge Boys!!!! Durham and Caldwell.
What a difference these two blokes have made to our attack on the ball.
And to finally see the potential of Caddy. How exciting it is to see a kid and you know you have really got one here.
Easily the best win of the season and should provide huge confidence to the run home.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

rockhole wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:19 pm The Edge Boys!!!! Durham and Caldwell.
And to finally see the potential of Caddy. How exciting it is to see a kid and you know you have really got one here.
Easily the best win of the season and should provide huge confidence to the run home.
This is going to sound strange, but I’m worried when Parish is available. I hope it doesn’t stuff around the Durham / Caldwell combo.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:43 pm
This is going to sound strange, but I’m worried when Parish is available. I hope it doesn’t stuff around the Durham / Caldwell combo.
I am sure that Parish can learn to be a forward tagger :-)
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Hmmm,nothing against the fella.Reckon I said something along those lines a month or so ago.But good folk here set me straight about his value to the team.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

s'dreams wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:35 pm
I am sure that Parish can learn to be a forward tagger :-)
Pazza!

When is he due back? I like tgr idea of a forward crumb sausage. He probably could do that role after a long lay off in all manner of things.

But generally his best place is dead centre. That may cause angst in the situation where Zacho is in there, but one of Duzz or Calders would need to vacate the centre square. Dilemma!
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Probably back in a couple of weeks.
I would not dream of changing Durham or Caldwell. They are the catalyst for our success
I would put Parish as a goal sneak or on a wing.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

rockhole wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:54 am Probably back in a couple of weeks.
I would not dream of changing Durham or Caldwell. They are the catalyst for our success
I would put Parish as a goal sneak or on a wing.
First one's a really good idea!I like that one. =D>
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

My concern for DP3 is that he is a ‘one-way’ footballer. He doesn’t apply pressure the other way. Maybe this can change (it needs to change)… as my thoughts on Shiel are similar.

I observed Shiel in the VFL… who didn’t bother chasing much at all. He came back in the side and accumulated 8 tackles - the most of anyone in the team.

So… let’s hope the same for DP3
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

BenDoolan wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:28 am My concern for DP3 is that he is a ‘one-way’ footballer. He doesn’t apply pressure the other way. Maybe this can change (it needs to change)… as my thoughts on Shiel are similar.

I observed Shiel in the VFL… who didn’t bother chasing much at all. He came back in the side and accumulated 8 tackles - the most of anyone in the team.

So… let’s hope the same for DP3
I'm not worried about Parish. He's a clearance beast. And it's pretty hard to apply pressure once the ball has left the clearance situation.
Shiel - he just proved that you don't play a Rolls Royce in a Hyundai league.

I'm more concerned about our reliance on Durham. If he's not there, who does that job? If we are a team based on system ahead of personnel then there's a problem. Caldwell is less of a problem because Parish can do that.