2024 R24, EFC v Brisbane Paddlepop Lions

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: 2024 R24, EFC v Brisbane Paddlepop Lions

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:58 am
Windy Hille wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 11:00 pm
nudder12 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 1:19 am With a real sense of dread I watched Brad's post-game presser tonight.
I wasn't disappointed, because it was, indeed....dreadful.
I had almost promised myself, even before watching it, that I'd never watch one again. But, footy being what it is, I'm ever hopeful. So most likely I'll watch his presser after Round One 2025 anyway.
But..... if it sounds like tonight's (which sounded like every other week) again, then I'm done.
It was in essence a bit of an “ah well” it was a season done scenario and it’s difficult to get players motivated even though they wanted to send off Dyso on a good note.

He did repeat many previous cliches and was philosophically suggesting we need to add some croutons to the soup. Though he laments but optimistically confident in possibilities that nothing is too far away in some way. Less said best is a motto he should keep.

He is running out of paraphrases though. He’ll need to dig deep for new ones next year if results are not significantly improved.
If Results are Not up to Scratch next year,........

Goodbye Coach

Really Don't care what the payout is!
I think we have to stop this guillotining of coaches. Unless we really want to be the Richmond of 1981-2016.

They resisted the Hardwick sacking of 2016. Lucky for them.

If EFC sack Scott next year, then it’ll be another 3-5 years for a new coach to put their people and plans in place, and then if it doesn’t go well… sack & repeat.

Let’s weed out all the bullshit first. Dodoro is finally gone. Thank f***. Get some fresh air and better people in place that influence how the list is shaped - for the better.

Stick with BS to stop the BS.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Sure.

But some of the assistant coaches are bottom of the barrel candidates.

As I said elsewhere, either have them coach to their strengths, or get new assistant coaches.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:28 pm Sure.

But some of the assistant coaches are bottom of the barrel candidates.

As I said elsewhere, either have them coach to their strengths, or get new assistant coaches.
Assistants are a different kettle of fish.

If they don’t improve their areas of responsibility, then move them on pronto.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:47 am
grassy1 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:58 am
Windy Hille wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 11:00 pm
nudder12 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 1:19 am With a real sense of dread I watched Brad's post-game presser tonight.
I wasn't disappointed, because it was, indeed....dreadful.
I had almost promised myself, even before watching it, that I'd never watch one again. But, footy being what it is, I'm ever hopeful. So most likely I'll watch his presser after Round One 2025 anyway.
But..... if it sounds like tonight's (which sounded like every other week) again, then I'm done.
It was in essence a bit of an “ah well” it was a season done scenario and it’s difficult to get players motivated even though they wanted to send off Dyso on a good note.

He did repeat many previous cliches and was philosophically suggesting we need to add some croutons to the soup. Though he laments but optimistically confident in possibilities that nothing is too far away in some way. Less said best is a motto he should keep.

He is running out of paraphrases though. He’ll need to dig deep for new ones next year if results are not significantly improved.
If Results are Not up to Scratch next year,........

Goodbye Coach

Really Don't care what the payout is!
I think we have to stop this guillotining of coaches. Unless we really want to be the Richmond of 1981-2016.

They resisted the Hardwick sacking of 2016. Lucky for them.

If EFC sack Scott next year, then it’ll be another 3-5 years for a new coach to put their people and plans in place, and then if it doesn’t go well… sack & repeat.

Let’s weed out all the bullshit first. Dodoro is finally gone. Thank f***. Get some fresh air and better people in place that influence how the list is shaped - for the better.

Stick with BS to stop the BS.
News travels fast our way.If Dodoro Really is Gone,ok.........let's see how Brad goes,..............