Essendon Rumour Mill

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by grassy1 »

Just happy the ex NAB said Ta Ta!That’ll do me!
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

MH_Bomber wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:27 pm God has not been ditched at all.

Who was ditched was the chair of a pretty conservative church who advocated against LGBTIQ+ choices and rights and women's reproductive rights. Those values don't sit eye to eye with most Australians.
you said this an earlier post when you said that his church held extreme views.

the views of his church are in line with what all christian and catholic churches have held for millennia in regards to LGBTQ and abortion. theres nothing new or extreme being taught. the same views are also held by muslims and practicing jews.

only recently have so called "progressive churches" started popping up.

the abortion debate has nothing really to do with womens procreative rights. the goal posts have been subtlely shifted. the issue is the baby. is it human or not? is it ever right to kill an innocent human life or not?

thats the issue and thats what catholic and christian churches have been against. youre painting a false picture of him and his church as though they are extreme when theyre not. their belief on this topic is par for the course. walk into your local church and ask the pastor their beliefs on these topics and tell me im wrong.

people should be free to have their beliefs as long as theyre not hurting anyone. LGBTQ wants ppl to be tolerant of them but their intolerant of anyone who disagrees with them.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I am not getting into a philosophical discussion re these issues.

I am a bit suspect with these new fandangle Happy Clapper churches that are all about business, prosperity and proselytism. Morrison is perfect example of what I am talking about.

They hardly exude a vow of poverty do they?
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

I heard that Rowan Connolly offered his services to the club awhile back, of course they told him he wasn't required. I bet they did, he is far too honest and say it how it really is, for our Board. Many in places on high would not recognise integrity if it whacked them in the back of the head. Time will tell if any of that has altered. We wait in anticipation and hope.

I think Rowan would be a very good person to have on our Board, to hold them all to account that's if enough people were prepared to vote for him. Think about it.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

mdso wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:39 am I heard that Rowan Connolly offered his services to the club awhile back, of course they told him he wasn't required. I bet they did, he is far too honest and say it how it really is, for our Board. Many in places on high would not recognise integrity if it whacked them in the back of the head. Time will tell if any of that has altered. We wait in anticipation and hope.

I think Rowan would be a very good person to have on our Board, to hold them all to account that's if enough people were prepared to vote for him. Think about it.
Completely agree mdso!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

This is a wild ‘rumour’ so I wouldn’t put any sauce on it… it’s the ol’ friend of a friend who know someone within the club scenario…

But rumour is that Hobbs and Perkins are looking for trades and the Cats are chasing Merrett, Parish and Durham.

Has anyone else heard anything similar?
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 2:42 pm This is a wild ‘rumour’ so I wouldn’t put any sauce on it… it’s the ol’ friend of a friend who know someone within the club scenario…

But rumour is that Hobbs and Perkins are looking for trades and the Cats are chasing Merrett, Parish and Durham.

No.

Wouldn't surprise me about Hobbs ... but the other 4 would be amazeballs.

At the moment, Perkins would be lucky to land anywhere.

5 Year contracts for Parish and Merrett would be worth 3 first rounders each.

Now if only someone could take Menzie off our hands...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 2:42 pm This is a wild ‘rumour’ so I wouldn’t put any sauce on it… it’s the ol’ friend of a friend who know someone within the club scenario…

Nah, haven't seen anything like that - not even on FB or Twitter.
But there will always be rumours about guys like Hobbs and Tsatas (Richmond after him allegedly) when they're fringe AFL players, because people want to think they're unhappy with not being in the AFL side and want more games.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

There was / is a whisper about 2MP wanting to seek a trade. Not sure if someone discussed mentioned it here or in a tweet :-k

Fellow at a game a few weeks ago said Pedro was a bit disgruntled over a number of things, but didn’t stipulate his reason or who knows what.

Took it with a grain of salt then, but I also rennet someone else mention his will to leave.

Anyone here?
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Windy Hille wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:04 am There was / is a whisper about 2MP wanting to seek a trade. Not sure if someone discussed mentioned it here or in a tweet :-k

Fellow at a game a few weeks ago said Pedro was a bit disgruntled over a number of things, but didn’t stipulate his reason or who knows what.

Took it with a grain of salt then, but I also rennet someone else mention his will to leave.

Anyone here?
Nope. Haven't heard anything at all about 2MP.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

nudder12 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:35 pm
Windy Hille wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:04 am There was / is a whisper about 2MP wanting to seek a trade. Not sure if someone discussed mentioned it here or in a tweet :-k

Anyone here?
Looks like all it was just pizza dough.

Although, all the speco is on Stringer.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

Windy Hille wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:58 pm

Anyone here?

Wouldn`t blame 2MP for wanting to get to a team that can actually kick the ball decently to the right spot/s.At the mo most of our players don`t seem to have a clue where to put it to his advantage :oops:

As for Stringer, well he can go if he wishes, the facts are that he plays what could be called 'good' games too rarely, maybe half a dozen a season, THAT`S NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Some consistency would be nice. :-k
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

desmondo wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:11 pm
Windy Hille wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:58 pm

Anyone here?

Wouldn`t blame 2MP for wanting to get to a team that can actually kick the ball decently to the right spot/s.At the mo most of our players don`t seem to have a clue where to put it to his advantage :oops:

As for Stringer, well he can go if he wishes, the facts are that he plays what could be called 'good' games too rarely, maybe half a dozen a season, THAT`S NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Some consistency would be nice. :-k
My thoughts on Stringer are this…

Since 2018, no-one has kicked more goals than him for the club - 207. Next best is Langford with 152. Wright third with 120.

Now he really isn’t the main focal point up forward (or shouldn’t be). We’ve had Daniher, McKernan, Hooker, Stewart, Wright all
spasmodically stand up in our F50 trying to be our main target. Other than Wright in that time, it has been a joke.

Stringer has won our goal kicking on 3 occasions, and come runner up 3 times. That’s pretty consistent if you ask me. Not forgetting that he was asked to also perform a Dusty Martin type role in the midfield over that time (which may have contributed to his injury problems.

In saying all that… I believe he is only worth signing on one year deals from here on in. If he doesn’t accept that, then it’s up to him. Ultimately, he could actually make a difference to one of the teams competing for the flag in the next couple of years or so. He could actually be the difference.

From his perspective, he is wasted with us. We don’t have anyone good enough to allow him to be the 3 forward target. We were the 6th worst team for ‘Points For’ this season. Without him, I’d reckon we’d be bottom 2 or 3.

Whatever happens… I actually appreciate what he has done and what he brings to the team. We can depart with him, but in my view, the club has failed him, not the other way around.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

It seems that the club has decided to make Stringer's contract the line in the sand between the Dorodo regime and the post-Dorodo/Matt Rosa regime.

Not against this, and hopefully there won't be anymore 5 or 6 year contracts based on one good year out of 6 (with a subsequent massive drop off to the normal standards) and 6 year contracts to attract a player from another club who performs worse than the player let go to an interstate club who is now playing finals in the same position...

Now if someone could explain to me why Weiderman is featuring in group photos in the off season and why rumors are abounding that Goldstein is angling for a 2 year contract rather than a car ride at the Grand Final?
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:15 am
Now if someone could explain to me why Weiderman is featuring in group photos in the off season and why rumors are abounding that Goldstein is angling for a 2 year contract rather than a car ride at the Grand Final?
Some mysteries are just difficult or impossible to explain.
Essendunny