Essendon v Scum

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Essendon v Scum

Post by BenDoolan »

2 weeks in a row where our effiency inside 50 is complete junk.

27 shots from 60 entries (9.16) @45% vs 25 shots from 41 entries (15.6) @61%

It would be handy if 2 Meter Peter could actually be more than a one trick pony. How about a f****** lead every now any then? Can’t expect to take a mark from behind in every single contest ffs. Deadset statue out there tonight.

It would also be handy is Harrison Jones could impose himself more than a flashy mark and a goal during a game.

WTF is with our garbage set shots all of a sudden??

Who taught Tsatas to kick? Bloody woeful!

Sort it out ffs.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:48 am 2 weeks in a row where our effiency inside 50 is complete junk.

27 shots from 60 entries (9.16) @45% vs 25 shots from 41 entries (15.6) @61%

It would be handy if 2 Meter Peter could actually be more than a one trick pony. How about a f****** lead every now any then? Can’t expect to take a mark from behind in every single contest ffs. Deadset statue out there tonight.

It would also be handy is Harrison Jones could impose himself more than a flashy mark and a goal during a game.

WTF is with our garbage set shots all of a sudden??

Who taught Tsatas to kick? Bloody woeful!

Sort it out ffs.
This Should be when Byes come in handy to do such a thing!

No excuses not to improve upon return!
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Another scorter of a night with transport and out. Signal faults, cancelations, restless passengers and timetable shifters. Getting tired of the inconvenience I must say.

Add to that mulch, a frustating game to watch with clutter all over the ground. No breathing space at all. Disposals were shonked due to intense pressure.

Inefficiency and slippinicity cost us. Footwear needs a review. Hold your ground! Case in point down back for space in their forward fifty. Run, stop, turn, slip, gap, mark, kick, goal. They must have tapped on at the right gate.

How we frittered away chances in the third quart. 3.6 to 1.1 or sumsuch. Wasteful. Dominated around the ground, and thumped inside entries at rapid rate. Hardly any gain.

Follow that up with a tardy start to last quarter. Blow apart. Game over like a chef during a blackout.

Forward craft wasn’t smart.

Tired as. Need some shut eye. Votes can wait.

Adios !
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

R13, 2023

CARL 6.16: 52
ESS 13.8: 86

CARL i50s: 56… 28 shots at goal = 50% efficiency
ESS i50s: 41… 23 shots at goal = 56% efficiency

R13, 2024

ESS 9.16: 70
CARL 15.6: 96

ESS i50s: 60… 27 shots at goal = 45% efficiency
CARL i50s: 41… 25 shots at goal = 61% efficiency

Uncanny
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

billyduckworth wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:05 pm Two weeks in a row that the exact same two things have cost us...terrible kicking into the forward 50 and terrible kicking for goal. Who the hell is the forward coach??
I've banged on about our forward line for years.
And here I go again...
It's not changing any time soon.
Brad Scott wants us playing a "forward half" game. That means defence first. And it means slow ball movement so that the defence can get positioned in case of turnover. And all that means a crowded/congested forward half, which makes it hard to find space or take marks, which means you're going to scrap for goals, which means you'll often kick a lot of points and have rushed behinds.
Only when Brad decides the defence is solid enough, then we might work on ball movement into offence and see some improvements.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

nudder12 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:03 pm
billyduckworth wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:05 pm Two weeks in a row that the exact same two things have cost us...terrible kicking into the forward 50 and terrible kicking for goal. Who the hell is the forward coach??
I've banged on about our forward line for years.
And here I go again...
It's not changing any time soon.
Brad Scott wants us playing a "forward half" game. That means defence first. And it means slow ball movement so that the defence can get positioned in case of turnover. And all that means a crowded/congested forward half, which makes it hard to find space or take marks, which means you're going to scrap for goals, which means you'll often kick a lot of points and have rushed behinds.
Only when Brad decides the defence is solid enough, then we might work on ball movement into offence and see some improvements.
BORING FOOTBALL

Unless it actually works,ALL THE TIME!

Why not at least leave 2 or 3 players up forward.It will force the opposition to do the same.Then if they're good enough,you back 'em in to put the Winning Score on the Board.

Too easy,but Coaches find it difficult to break THAT defensive mould.It's like the AFL Tell them All to keep it defensive!

Gee whiz,can't have our token audience overseas,witnessing Blow Outs now,can we?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:17 pm R13, 2023

CARL 6.16: 52
ESS 13.8: 86

CARL i50s: 56… 28 shots at goal = 50% efficiency
ESS i50s: 41… 23 shots at goal = 56% efficiency

R13, 2024

ESS 9.16: 70
CARL 15.6: 96

ESS i50s: 60… 27 shots at goal = 45% efficiency
CARL i50s: 41… 25 shots at goal = 61% efficiency

Uncanny
Another stat for you Benny

Stringer had 15 attendances at center bounces for zero (0) touches. Nil. Zip. Zero. Nada.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)