Essendon Rumour Mill

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:38 am Much as we hate them for that,that must be quite a collector’s item.

Putting aside our hatred of them,Autographs from the likes of Tiger Crosswell,John Nicholls who applied for the Coach’s job in 1980 and Sergio Silvagni would stand out.What about The Coach?

Ron Barassi
Can the mods please delete this post. Such names should never be seen on these boards EVER.

Cheers.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Must we be SO one eyed,Ben?

Who’s your money on,in the Brownlow?

Much as I hate the thought of a Filth or Scim playing winning anything,I might put a $10er On Patrick Cripps!

But If you really doubt my Loyalty to Essendon,like a Bloody Fool,I’ll tip us against the Dorkers this weekend.

As for you,you are joking about getting Lyon to Coach us.Aren’t You?!
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:04 am
grassy1 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:38 am Much as we hate them for that,that must be quite a collector’s item.

Putting aside our hatred of them,Autographs from the likes of Tiger Crosswell,John Nicholls who applied for the Coach’s job in 1980 and Sergio Silvagni would stand out.What about The Coach?

Ron Barassi
Can the mods please delete this post. Such names should never be seen on these boards EVER.

Cheers.
Haha....Cheers
Image]
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

Windy_Hill wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:06 am
grassy1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:38 pm Long enough to endure the End of the ‘68 Grand Final to the end of 1980,or possibly Round 6 of 1981.

But I imagine Windy couldn’t have enjoyed much of that,albeit not as long as the current crap period,Daisy.
My uncle played for Carlton in 68. i am well aware of the pain. He gave me a footy signed by the Carlton team from that year....to rub it in
I hope you took it out into the backyard and booted it over the fence Windy? :-"
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Should have sold it last year,50 years on.You’d have made a small fortune then.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

desmondo wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:10 pm
grassy1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:38 pm Long enough to endure the End of the ‘68 Grand Final to the end of 1980,or possibly Round 6 of 1981.

But I imagine Windy couldn’t have enjoyed much of that,albeit not as long as the current crap period,Daisy.
My uncle played for Carlton in 68. i am well aware of the pain. He gave me a footy signed by the Carlton team from that year....to rub it in
I hope you took it out into the backyard and booted it over the fence Windy? :-"
Something to that end....regretting it now, probably worth a few bucks
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

Windy_Hill wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:57 pm
desmondo wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:10 pm

Something to that end....regretting it now, probably worth a few bucks

Indeed it would be worth a quid, I would have auctioned it on the scum footy site :D :-"
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

Oooh i am going to get killed for this.....however......

I heard a rumour THAT......Dyson Heppell IS A CAPTIAN!!!????

I need to go and register to Ancestry.com...i think i may well be related to dear Robbie67
Image]
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Ron Barassi

Cheers.
COME ON MODS!!!!

😡😡😡

Only kidding
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Daisy..1 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:17 pm Oooh i am going to get killed for this.....however......

I heard a rumour THAT......Dyson Heppell IS A CAPTIAN!!!????

I need to go and register to Ancestry.com...i think i may well be related to dear Robbie67
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:14 am

Ron Barassi

Cheers.
COME ON MODS!!!!

😡😡😡

Only kidding
Why?

Nicholls thought us worthy of applying for our Coaching Job.So did Jeans!

Just so happens,Sheeds got the job at the end of 1980.And I am glad about that,because I was a big fan of him as a player at Richmond,even though I didn’t barrack for them.

We’d been pretty ordinary for 12 seasons from 1969,but the quality of applicants from the outside thought us worthy of a crack at taking on.I’m pretty much one eyed Essendon mate,to the point I bloody refuse to tip the RoLy Dorkers this weekend to beat us.But sometimes,footy’s not all about us.Gotta get some historical perspective,as much as we hate and detest the result of the ‘68 Grand Final and the Bastards,who jagged it!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:57 am
BenDoolan wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:14 am

Ron Barassi

Cheers.
COME ON MODS!!!!

😡😡😡

Only kidding
Why?

Nicholls thought us worthy of applying for our Coaching Job.So did Jeans!

Just so happens,Sheeds got the job at the end of 1980.And I am glad about that,because I was a big fan of him as a player at Richmond,even though I didn’t barrack for them.

We’d been pretty ordinary for 12 seasons from 1969,but the quality of applicants from the outside thought us worthy of a crack at taking on.I’m pretty much one eyed Essendon mate,to the point I bloody refuse to tip the RoLy Dorkers this weekend to beat us.But sometimes,footy’s not all about us.Gotta get some historical perspective,as much as we hate and detest the result of the ‘68 Grand Final and the Bastards,who jagged it!
Read the fine print grassy :wink: :lol:
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

What fine print?Must have missed it,being blind as a bat. :roll:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

..and now he's been a naughty boy. Go too hard Collingwood. ;)
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

F111 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:45 pm ..and now he's been a naughty boy. Go too hard Collingwood. ;)
What? Our mate "Phil"?
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Windy_Hill wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:00 pm A damning report from The Age

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/ins ... 52hn3.html
Some interesting threads in that. Each single point could have a whole story devoted to it.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Latest rumour going around....
Woosha's contract has a KPI of making a Prelim this season, and if he doesn't he can be sacked without a payout, and Caracella to coach next year.

According to the son of a possible high-wealth individual that allegedly had dinner with Xavier Campbell and Paul Little last night.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

nudder12 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:24 pm Latest rumour going around....
Woosha's contract has a KPI of making a Prelim this season, and if he doesn't he can be sacked without a payout, and Caracella to coach next year.

According to the son of a possible high-wealth individual that allegedly had dinner with Xavier Campbell and Paul Little last night.

been saying it since Carracella was appointed mid season. Assistant coaches simply dont get headhunted and publicly announced unless there is a deeper understanding that he will take over the head coach role.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Ok then that means I'll feel much much better after tomorrow's thrashing. Sorry grassy :D :D