Dingus' Observations From Tonight's Game

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Dingus' Observations From Tonight's Game

Post by dingus »

Just some things I noticed tonight, good and bad.

The Good:

S. Lucas: Enrave the Crichton thingy now. The guy is a dead-set champ.

J. Johnson: Welcome back, Johnno. Welcome back.

Pev: Anyone who wants you gone now has probably blown a cat within the last 48 hours.

J. Hird: Even on you "quiet" nights I wish to bear you many fine sons.

Jobe: One season away from having the best hands in the AFL.

Bolts: Limited game time again, but no major foul-ups and some very good pieces of skill displayed.

Our run through the middle: Often started from the backline and was hard and direct. Looked 2000esque at times.

The Bad:

Solly: Seeya, son. You are an undisciplined idiot of the highest order.

Our Goal Kicking: Another game we would have won if we had kicked straight

NLM: Two weeks in a row where he has declined to tackle when one was called for. Cut it out. you could be anything.

Dyson: Kicking for goal is atrocious. Had alot of game time tonight, I don't think he did enough with it.

Stants: See above for goal kicking. Remove that weakness and you will win a Brownlow.
Who do you trust to keep interest rates low?
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Yeah, pretty much, aside from a few exaggerations RE Stanton and Jobe. I actually must confess to not watching the entire match; i missed most of the 1st quarter because i fell asleep.

Solly, well, should acquaint himself with a certain board member of Westfield and ANZ. Dyson always dobs those running goals in the VFL but for some reason can't do it often enough in the AFL.

Dempsey was good in flashes as well. I liked him. Makes me all the madder as to why we've farted around with the likes of Reynolds and Bolton for most of the year.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

im watching the game now finally and ive yet to see solomon do anything good, and with the comentators pointing out everything he does in slow mo can't help his cause for next year, which i think he wont be playing at the bombers, and as loyal as i am to our players, i think he needs to go because i want success next year

EDIT: also i just hope peverill isn't just playing to save his career and not for his team
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

In reply to your last point Jazz, I think pev is playing for his career in order to perform for his team :wink:
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Gatsid wrote:In reply to your last point Jazz, I think pev is playing for his career in order to perform for his team :wink:
ahhh true but what i meant was i hope he plays the same way at the start of 2007 not just the end of it again
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Dysons kicking for goal was a bit off tonight. Normally he would drill those shots he missed. Also very one sided player, something a lot of left footers are.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

We showed good signs to be able to come back from about 10 goals down in the second to be within 4 points 10 minutes into the 3rd. Another game where silly errors and chipping around in the backline cost us a couple of goals (and the rest) and poor kicking at our end hurt us on the scoreboard.

If we can turn that around, we can be anything next year.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Usually Dyson would nail those. Bad night methinks.

Peverill has been good recently, but his disposal still lacks a bit of polish. How many slow, low skillful players can there be on one successful team?
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

if the guys can do plenty of skills training in the off season we will be looking pretty good.

we tried to be a bit clever with our handballing at times and nearly outsmarted ourselves