Molly Meldrum’s Evolving Hat Situation

Join the chat in this forum to discuss less serious topics.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Molly Meldrum’s Evolving Hat Situation

Post by grassy1 »

Check out the various stages of one Ian”Molly”Meldrum over the years on Aunty,reliving many a fond memory of Countdown,with Elton,Rod and Barnesy having their own bit of fun,with a hilarious turn at The G!

www.abc.net.au

Then go to Celebrating 90 years of The ABC.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Re: Molly Meldrum’s Evolving Hat Situation

Post by Windy Hille »

The link doesn’t work grass.

I supposed they showed his squirming, bumbling, interview with Prince Charles. That was some viewing! :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:58 pm The link doesn’t work grass.

I supposed they showed his squirming, bumbling, interview with Prince Charles. That was some viewing! :lol:
Nah,that one didn’t make this reel.

Just google ABC and scroll down that page,or tap into News and do the same.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Speaking of Molly,what the Hell happened with Countdown Month last Month?

Not one scrap of the old episodes on Saturday Nights!

Not Happy Jan! :evil:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

And whaddaya know,what do I stumble into,after waking up to Dearly Departed Meatloaf’s Guest turn at Hosting Rage?

Countdown

Hosted by,……..you guessed it,Meatloaf.

On May 26,1985.

Featuring Paul Hardcastle with Nineteen,Debarge with Rhythm of the Night,Uncanny X Men with 50 years,The Pookah Makes 3(Take it all Back?),Paul Young with Everytime You Go Away, featured in Chartbusters.

Other songs were Katrina and The Waves with Walking on Sunshine,Godley and Crème with Cry,Dire Straits(Walk of Life?No,so Far Away)and Eurythmics(with Aretha?No,Would I Lie to You) to follow during the program.Is George Michael featured Solo already,or with Andrew in Wham?No,as Wham with Everything She Wants!I don’t think I saw Andrew playing the Tambourine. :twisted: 8)

The Angels with Underground also gets a run.Men at Work are also there with a new single.So are Dead or Alive,as was Meatloaf.Madonna introduced us to Boring old Molly with Boring old Humdrum! :lol:

The Mentals of corse,with Live It Up,Rick Springfield with Celebrate You,Sade,Harold Faltermayer,Tears for Fears,Mondo Rock,Sade,The Models,….….

Meatloaf does the Countdown Top Ten with Gavin,featuring USA for Africa with We Are The World,which if I recall correctly in an Express Interview,Bob Geldoff absolutely hated!Meatloaf’s Bikeride,dropping the Envelope moment.

Does anyone remember Production Manager Anne Pridham?Molly got her up on Camera with Meatloaf and Gavin.What a Great moment it would have been for her! :D

Ah,Memories!Some of it,…… :roll: :lol:

By the way,the day before,we Thrashed Melbourne at Home by 82 points.Molly’s Aints lost as always. :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Now,they’re going right back to February 10,1980.

Almost 42 years ago.

Will have to checkout the Playlist to that,as Your’s Truly is going Beddie Byes!

🛌 Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,……….

Sorry Molly ‘n Gav! :mrgreen:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Add March 9,1986 to that List.

And with Aplogies to Hunters and Collectors.

Sorry boys,but I really did have to Say Goodbye(to the Telly,before the tube blew)and hit the Hay about 4.15AM.

Not great when the Sun gets up in just over an hour.Might have been great in Anchorage with the Sun getting up just after 9;…….Stop Crappin’ on Grassy! #-o :shock: :roll: