MRP

Join the chat in this forum to discuss less serious topics.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

MRP

Post by Crazyman »

I was going to put this in the AFL section, but the decision to ban Viney for 2 games is the biggest joke of the year…
Shows how out of touch those ******** really are…
As others have said in various forms of media, sure, ban thugs and foul play, but for f**** sake, what other option did Viney have?
How can any footballer call themselves a footballer if they shirk the contest? Look at how often we lambast players for being soft…time to get the netball bibs out boys cause it aint footy anymore…
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: MRP

Post by BenDoolan »

The deliberation and adjudication of this "offence" is a faaaaarking joke. They're thinking with bowels and not their craniums.

I put it to those who agree with this decision;

If Viney approached the same situation and accidentally broke his teammates jaw, would he have been cited and suspended? If not, why not?
Essendunny
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Horrible decision. Whatever little interest I had left in watching non-Essendon games is now gone.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I'm glad someone else started this thread - because as soon as heard it I was about to tee-off big time.
Fyfe and Viney 2 weeks for accidental head clashes after keeping their feet on the ground. Some collingwood maggot deliberately jumps off the ground to ping chappy 20 out in front a goal and not even a free kick, and then escapes with a reprimand.

f****** bullshit. Who the f*** is running this game. How the f*** can they not see the blatant contradictions in their judgement?
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

tonysoprano wrote:Fyfe and Viney 2 weeks for accidental head clashes after keeping their feet on the ground. Some collingwood maggot deliberately jumps off the ground to ping chappy 20 out in front a goal and not even a free kick, and then escapes with a reprimand.
That pretty much sums it up...doesn't matter how careful you, if an opponent gets seriously injured, can expect an extended stay on the sidelines...f****** ridiculous...
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Crazyman wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:Fyfe and Viney 2 weeks for accidental head clashes after keeping their feet on the ground. Some collingwood maggot deliberately jumps off the ground to ping chappy 20 out in front a goal and not even a free kick, and then escapes with a reprimand.
That pretty much sums it up...doesn't matter how careful you, if an opponent gets seriously injured, can expect an extended stay on the sidelines...f****** ridiculous...
but I think thats the other thing - yep, Viney's resulted in a serious injury - but did Fyfe's? I dont think so.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I bumped into an old friend the other day. The MRP says I can expect 2-3 weeks on the sidelines.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:I bumped into an old friend the other day. The MRP says I can expect 2-3 weeks on the sidelines.
Yep, you had the alternative to pirouette and walk away....
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

robrulz5 wrote:I bumped into an old friend the other day. The MRP says I can expect 2-3 weeks on the sidelines.
Should have dropped the shoulder and charged instead...
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Maybe when Dunne and Schimmer were playing, things were a little bit slower and they would have had plenty of time to "pirouette" out of the road.

Schimmer would then have to "pirouette" out of the road of Barassi who would have castrated him for pulling out of a contest.

These guys played the game and although times and rules change, the essence of the game doesn't.

f*** around with the fabric of the game at your own peril.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

tonysoprano wrote:I'm glad someone else started this thread - because as soon as heard it I was about to tee-off big time.
Fyfe and Viney 2 weeks for accidental head clashes after keeping their feet on the ground. Some collingwood maggot deliberately jumps off the ground to ping chappy 20 out in front a goal and not even a free kick, and then escapes with a reprimand.

f****** bullshit. Who the f*** is running this game. How the f*** can they not see the blatant contradictions in their judgement?
Indeed.

D Merrett was also lucky to only get one week after hitting a guy in the head with his forearm.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

j-mac31 wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:I'm glad someone else started this thread - because as soon as heard it I was about to tee-off big time.

Indeed.

D Merrett was also lucky to only get one week after hitting a guy in the head with his forearm.
That highlights the absurdity of the whole thing. Merrett was reckless and crude and should have had the brick shithouse thrown at him. Yet Viney was seen to be far more 'sinister'. What a load of shit. FFS, get your hands off it AFL.

If they are so concerned about "player welfare and safety" as they say they are, then why don't they mandate protective equipment and clothing into the sport. Don't just throw that one liner around to justify your idiocy.
Essendunny
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Glad he got off! But I think it was more from public pressure than anything else.

Gee he was good though - first to recover and then gathered the pill...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Western Red wrote:Glad he got off! But I think it was more from public pressure than anything else.

Gee he was good though - first to recover and then gathered the pill...
And that's the sad part. No-one really acknowledged or focused on that fact. To 'take the hit', hit the deck, gather the pill, get up and barge through to give off. Great piece of play!
Essendunny